Toyota Nation Forum banner

0-60 in 8 Seconds :)

9K views 43 replies 12 participants last post by  BoyYota 
#1 ·

Watch it in HD, it took me like 3 hours to figure out how to record it in HD, and edit it, and output in hd, and then getting youtube to allow the HD option.

It isnt that fast, but hey its something!

#8 ·
OHHH! So you got the frikkin HP kit! Now I see why it's such a screamer. Yeah I dream of that HP kit man. I really want to do a manual conversion before I tune out my engine further than intake/exhaust and head work/cams though. 1st gear is just such a slug. I could really launch my little 7AFE pretty quick as it is if only I had clutch control.

#17 ·
I do recall doing a throttle cable adjustment on my old 93 Sentra auto to get quicker throttle response. I will check into that. Thanks.

#32 ·
I ran on the dyno before this kit and got 112 HP, But I have not gotten it on the dyno since, once I get the chance, I'll be sure to post up a comparison.

However estimating by my homemade 1/4 mile time It would look like 135-140 HP now..

1/4: 15.9 @ 90

(lets say it could be 16 @ 89 as well, for a estimated range)

Weight: 2650 (including me)

using formula:

HP =
I X E X Eff.

HP = 136.84 - 140.54

#40 · (Edited)
Is this only applicable to the 4afe or is the 7afe fine also?

Edit:
ok so i caontacted them about the 7afe and its in a different section and like half the price of the kit you bought

Major Engine Kit:
Contains complete gasket set, set of pistons and rings, main bearings, rod bearings, thrust washers, timing belt, balance shaft bearings (if applicable), and a set of expansion plugs.
Does NOT include: camshaft, timing kit or oil pump!

Bronze Engine Kit: Major Kit components plus Oil Pump & Water Pump.

Silver Engine Kit: Major Kit components plus a Timing Kit.

Gold Engine Kit: Major Kit components plus Oil Pump.

Platinum Engine Kit: Major Kit components plus complete Timing Kit and an Oil Pump.

Ultra Engine Kit: Major Kit components plus complete Timing Kit, Oil Pump & Water Pump.

Re-Ring Kit: Contains complete gasket set, main & rod bearings, thrust washers (if applicable), and piston ring set.

Sizes Available (no extra charge for oversizes)
Pistons & Rings: Std., .020, .040.
Bearings: Std., 10, 20, 30.
NOTE: if you do NOT specify an Oversize when ordering, you will receive Standard size.

So it goes like this

Major (blue), Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Ultra, Re-ring

Which one should I go with? Also whats this sensor they mention?

#42 ·
Nice run I must say, especially for an auto. You should try a run without the rear defrost on though, I found that even with a new alternator, it will drop your voltage about 1 volt which doesn't sound like much but that base voltage is magnified by roughly 1000 times by the coil so thats alot less power for your spark plugs which results in not as good of a burn and less power. I ran 6 runs in an experiment at the drag strip here out of curiousity with my old mazda 323, 3 with defrost, 3 without, and I was losing almost 0.2 secs in a 1/4 mile because of it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.