Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 179 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Subaru WRX STI
Joined
·
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just for kicks I wanted to see what my 0-60 time was, so I went to a flat road (with a high speed limit), and almost floored it, but didnt want to get the rpm's past 6K. Anyways, the time was 8.21s from 0-60, just wondering if that was fairly normal for a V6 '94.
 

·
Registered
2015 Subaru WRX STI
Joined
·
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll try it later and will actually floor it. I dont really like redlining my engine, but as long as I only do it once or twice im sure its fine.

The weird thing was, after I did that, one of my headlights and foglights turned off. I looked at it and the fuse blew, im guessing it was because of revving the engine up so high.
 

·
The Other White Meat
Holden Apollo
Joined
·
3,741 Posts
geoff5093 said:
I'll try it later and will actually floor it. I dont really like redlining my engine, but as long as I only do it once or twice im sure its fine.

The weird thing was, after I did that, one of my headlights and foglights turned off. I looked at it and the fuse blew, im guessing it was because of revving the engine up so high.
thats like saying you got a flat tire because its a full moon...

i hit the rev limiter (sounds oh so nice) pretty much every day, i do a 0-60/14 mile on my way home everyday with my gtech :D
 

·
Registered
2015 Subaru WRX STI
Joined
·
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bigbird said:
u should check the connections and wires to ur foglights. they migh be shorting on somthing.
My fog lights are wired up to my driver side headlight fuse, so they turn off and on when the headlights go on. Im guessing that theres too much power being drawn from the fog lights in addition to the driver headlight. I'm going to switch from a 15A to a 20A fuse and hope that offers enough to power the driver light and fogs without burning the bulbs.
 

·
Premium Member
'96 Camry XLE
Joined
·
11,246 Posts
The fogs should be hooked to thier own circuit

BTW, 0-80 on a Gen 3 1MZ XLE

 

·
Registered
2015 Subaru WRX STI
Joined
·
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I'll go out for a quick drive now and make a video :)

btw, I like the check engine light :p




Oh ya, I know that fogs should be on their own circuit, but I didnt really know how else to rig it up so they turn on and off with the headlights, other then the way I did it.
 

·
Ninja-rator
Joined
·
4,262 Posts
Put the lights on their own circuit and use a relay hooked up to those headlights...or parking lights.

ie..take a visit to radioshack for a 2-5 buck part.

If you need more help, I believe 88le has told someone already with the same question. So search 88le and relays
 

·
Registered
2015 Subaru WRX STI
Joined
·
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
RningOnFumes said:
Put the lights on their own circuit and use a relay hooked up to those headlights...or parking lights.

ie..take a visit to radioshack for a 2-5 buck part.
I actually have the parking lights disconnected at the moment, so I may just put them on that circuit with a 15A fuse until I head over to RadioShack.
 

·
Registered
09 Camry SE V6
Joined
·
1,574 Posts
i just wired mine up to the battery terminals
 

·
Registered
2015 Subaru WRX STI
Joined
·
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
nuchieboy said:
i just wired mine up to the battery terminals
But then they would stay on all the time.

I had a switch that I used to manually turn them on and off, but since I deliver pizza im starting and stopping so often that it gets annoying, and sometimes I forget to turn them off.
 

·
2010 Camry SE V6
2005 Avalon Limited
Joined
·
3,179 Posts
geoff5093 said:
Just for kicks I wanted to see what my 0-60 time was, so I went to a flat road (with a high speed limit), and almost floored it, but didnt want to get the rpm's past 6K. Anyways, the time was 8.21s from 0-60, just wondering if that was fairly normal for a V6 '94.
My 05 camry i4 is 0-60 in 10.80 seconds. Sorry for postin on a gen 3 poste, but what the hell. lol
 

·
Registered
2015 Subaru WRX STI
Joined
·
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Heres a video I just made going 0-80 on a pretty straight road. It was pretty windy and a slight uphill, but it shouldnt make too much of a difference.

 

·
Registered
2001 Camry LE V6
Joined
·
24 Posts
01 1MZ run... a bit under 8 seconds i think. For some reason my car doesn't like to shift over 6k like the gen 3's.

 

·
Registered
2015 Subaru WRX STI
Joined
·
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I mean you obviously dont get the most accurate timing when your using a cell phone stopwatch as a timer, and when theres strong opposing wind, but you get a pretty good idea.

I'm going to try it again some other time and hopefully get a bit more accurate (and lower :D) result.


I also have subs in the trunk, so that adds to the weight a bit.
 
1 - 20 of 179 Posts
Top