Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
03' Matrix XRS 6sp
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there!

I am currently running the stock 205-75-15's on my 04 Tacoma 2.4l and want to upsize to a 225-70-15. Placard PSI is 29 but I usually run a few over depending on the lowest outside temp (long story, I'm anal). When I upsized to a 225-45-17 on my Matrix, I noticed that Goodyear recommended 35PSI instead of the standard 32. What would you recommend as a min starting point for my Tacoma for this 0+ and should I anticipate any rubbing issues with this size due to the slightly increased width?

·
Registered
241 Posts
The 225 70 15 will carry a higher load than the factory tire size at 29 psi so an increase wouldn't be necessary. You could however adjust in small increments based on your ride preference. We have gone wider on the truck with the larger wheel fitments but usually with slightly shorter overall diameters. The 225 would be roughly three tenths of an inch taller in overall diameter. Seems like it would fit but you may take some measurements to be sure.

·
Registered
03' Matrix XRS 6sp
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the quick response! You guys there at TireRack do a wonderful job and have a great site.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts