Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've run into a dilemma here. I have an 01/90 Celica GT-S that I'm trying to find a new clutch kit for (not sure if it's the clutch release bearing or clutch release fork that went bad so I'm just gonna replace the whole clutch and the clutch release fork). Every clutch that I've managed to find says it'll only fit Celicas manufactured in 05/90 and after. Where can I find a new clutch kit?

·
Super Moderator
1995 T100 2WD & 1993 MR2
15,210 Posts

·
Registered
3,795 Posts
I would say, based on the parts diagram below, given the clutch release fork, clutch cover assembly, clutch throw out bearing, and the release fork support all have a change in part numbers between 4/1990 and 5/1990, there was a design change made that rolled out in that period. You would need to dig a little deeper into what other related components may also be different. It appears the clutch disc assembly was not changed though. So it may be possible if you change all the parts shown for something made for a 5/90 built Celica, you would most likely be OK.

That said, Rock Auto does have clutch kits available for the 1990 GT-S for those up to 4/90 and those after 5/90. So if you want to be safe, maybe get one of the clutch kits used to 4/90.

- 1990 TOYOTA CELICA 2.2L L4 Clutch Kit | RockAuto

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.