Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Echo
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

In the last week I've noticed my Echo 5-speed making some sort of a growl sound under hard acceleration. It only occurs with the pedal floored and only around 1700-2000 RPM. Seems to happen in any gear, as I tried it in 2nd and 3rd. I just changed spark plugs and did an oil change as both were overdue, so I thought perhaps it was just protesting due to that, but the sound is still there. Also before anyone says, no I don't routinely lug the engine hard at low revs, I noticed the sound accidentally when I went to accelerate and was still in a higher gear before downshifting.

If anyone could shed any ideas that would be awesome! Please ask any questions to narrow down and I'll try to catch in on video if I can - tried earlier but the camera only picked up the sound of the downpouring rain outside at the time. Cheers!

·
Registered
2001 Echo
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, yes, I don't intend to continue lugging it. My concern was more a problem that would start manifesting itself at other rev ranges/levels of throttle input. If all it takes to avoid is just keep the revs up and problem solved, fine by me!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.