Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 2001 V6 AWD Highlander (with 320 000kms!) has been giving me problems lately and today the check engine light started flashing and then on solid. I recently replaced the back catalytic converter with my mechanic as well as an O2 sensor and still having problems. When I accelerate, it feels like there's very little power and the car goes very slowly. I can feel the pressure building up until I hit about 60 km/h and then the pressure releases and all is well. When i hit about 100 km/h it does the same kind of thing. Is this a problem with the transmission, maybe it's lagging between gears? its an automatic tranny by the way..

seriously thinking about about buying a new car since this SUV has been giving me nothing but problems for the past 2 years. Everytime i fix one issue, another arises! not sure if its worth fixing anymore..

·
Registered
708 Posts
with a vehicle with 320,000 km or 200,000 miles you need to figure out how many more miles you can squeeze out of it to make the repair worth it. Using your own words nothing but problems the past two years.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
fj62
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing