Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been trying to find this out for a while.. I bought the Highlander off of my sister @ 82,000 miles and now have 106,000. Everything I have read about belts say they need to be replaced around 80,000 miles so trying to see if I need to schedule an afternoon at my dads house to change them or not.. :confused:

·
Premium Member
2008 Highlander Base
35,703 Posts
:welcome: to Toyota Nation. On the V6 version of the 2002 they use a timing belt. At 106,000 miles, change it!!!

TrailDust

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah figured if it did have belts it was WAY overdue.. Sounds like I have a date with my dads garage.. I need to replace the spark plugs, timing belts, and change the EARL.. (southern draw.. for oil)

·
Premium Member
2008 Highlander Base
35,703 Posts
Yeah figured if it did have belts it was WAY overdue.. Sounds like I have a date with my dads garage.. I need to replace the spark plugs, timing belts, and change the EARL.. (southern draw.. for oil)
Definitely overdue, and if it failed you know it would be at the worst possible time and place.

LOL at the EARL. When I was young and lived in Alabama and Texas we called it ALL.....:D

·
Highlaner Dude
53 Posts
That's One of the many reasons I love my 4 banger HL Timing chains rock, I had horror stories on two other vehicle in my life that had timing belts.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
OK like I said.. new to the Highlander.. haven't bought a Haynes or Chilton's yet. is it one long belt or 2 seperate ones, does the tensioner need to also be replaced??? and I am assuming waterpump should be changed out also???

Recovery, this is the first vehicle I have owned since my first vehicle a 1986 Dodge D50 (mitsubishi truck) that hasn't had timing chains.. My mustang and infiniti both had timing chains.. I had over 250,000 miles on the mustang with the original timing set.. lote of trips to the drag strip too.. I love timing chains!!!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
found this on rock auto for $177 I'll have to check and see if it is cheaper than just buying all the parts seperately

CRP INDUSTRIES Part # TB257LK2 {1 Timing Belt; 1 Tensioner Pulley; 1 Idler Pulley; 1 Water Pump w Gasket; 1 Hydraulic Damper}
Water pump driven by timing belt;Interference engine (Only 1 Remaining)

·
Registered
445 Posts
You might try this PARTSgeeks.com
Stick with Mitishoubisi timing belt, Koyo bearings and Aisin water pump. These are all OE manufacturors.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts