Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Ron here. - Recently my check engine light came on and at the same time the traction control lights came on and the traction control system shut down. Toyota repair shop diagnosis was front O2 sensor. Sensor was replaced w/ an OEM part. Check engine light and traction control lights went out and the traction control operates normal. Engine performance, mileage, etc., are normal. The repair shop could not explain why the failure of the O2 sensor shut down the traction control system. Anyone have an answer or idea?

·
Registered
251 Posts
From what I've heard on the late model runners (01-02) that have the traction control nannies if your check engine light comes on it will also set off the trac lights. I think they just want your dash to light up like a Christmas tree so you'll run to the dealer to get it fixed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
'02 4-runner w/ check engine + trak lights

Thanks kball. You're likely correct. I have a trustworthy local mech that I take the vehicle to when work is beyond routine maintenance. He was unfamilar w/ the problem and didn't find any tech orders about this problem and advised me to take it to the dealership. When I made him aware of the corrective action he was a bit flustered and embarrassed. :headbang: Embarrassed enough that he is treating me to my next tranny fluid change. :thumbsup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
gumby8488
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing