Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 camry. The rt rear door lock quit working, it has power at the quick disconnect (located at the latch assymbly) when switch is pushed locked or unlocked. I was fixing to buy a new lock, but then the rt front door started doing the same thing. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Cooter

·
Premium Member
96 Camry Coupe
1,291 Posts
Is your car still under warranty? If it is, let the dealer take care of it. If not, pull the switch and bench test it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is out of warranty. The switch is working I am getting power at the latch by operating the switch. Plus the other side locks are working.

·
-VIPStyleCars-
248 Posts
the strangest thing...
that actually similarly happen to my camry too. the right rear passenger door lock doesn't open whenever open or whatever and when someone tries to open it doesn't open and i try to get out and open the door for them it just won't work either, and the child safety lock isn't on either. so i end up having to start the car again shift the gear, then turn off the car and take the key out and finally the door opens and doesn't have that jam again. with that result under the warranty i tried to take it to the dealer and they couldn't do anything about it they just told me that just wait until the door result fails so they can finally find the solution to the problem... since they can't find it and not know what's going on, they just assume that the passenger just opens the door too soon where they lock and jam the door so they can't get out... hmm:confused:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm just concerned that if I replace the locks, is it going to happen again since 2 went bad on the same side pretty close together. Does anyone know if there is a TSB on this problem?

·
Registered
1 Posts
02 SE, same problem on the driver's side. I can press 'unlock' on the remote for anyone else to get in, then use the key to get myself in. Inside power locks only work on the other 3 doors, too.

JS

·
Registered
5 Posts
02 SE V6...same problems on all doors except rear passenger side.

Very frustrating...Toyota quoted $350 just to troubleshoot the problem.

This is my last Toyota!

·
Registered
82 Posts
badpenguin. Man thats cheap... .don't even get me started on my Cadillac...lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts