Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i was wondering, i have a 02 SE 4 cyclinder 2.4l engine in my car right now. Can i upgrade to a better engine, like a V6 3.0 engine. if not, what other engine can i upgrade to that would be better than what i have now? Thanks

·
2010 Camry SE V6
2005 Avalon Limited
3,218 Posts
It wouldn't be cost effective to do an engine swap. Just trade the car in for a V6. Or turbo it:naughty:

·
Paul_09WhiteV6
09 XLE V6 White
6,677 Posts
Hey guys i was wondering, i have a 02 SE 4 cyclinder 2.4l engine in my car right now. Can i upgrade to a better engine, like a V6 3.0 engine. if not, what other engine can i upgrade to that would be better than what i have now? Thanks
get a gen 6 v6 and don't look back :lol: i seen some used 07 le v6 around here. they were like 18k. new is i believe 25k or around there.

·
2002 Camry
669 Posts
Yes, it wont be cost effective. Even if it were cost effective, the value of your car will go down when you come to sell it. Given the choice to buy an original V6 or one that has been upgraded to a V6, no one in their right mind would pick the upgraded one.

·
Premium Member
6,508 Posts
you have the 2AZ. Why not turbo it? Stock internals are good for 380WHP anyways, which rates to close 430 hp. V6 is too much of a hassle. If you do want the V6, do what everyone else said. sell the car and buy a V6.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts