Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the dreaded head gasket bolt issue has happened. The dealership tech said I had a VERY small leak. I'm not going to keep the car, but it still runs perfectly. The only reason I took it in was due to a p0303 code that after all the replacement parts (spark plugs, coils, fuel injectors). I could not get the CIL to stay off. The car has never overheated. So, has anyone used Bars Leak just to prolong the inevitable? If so, how long did the patch last? I know, there will be someone that says just fix it correctly, but again I'm not putting the money into a 16 year old car.

·
Registered
08 Toyota Camry 2AZ-FE R9K Tuned
5,245 Posts
Leave it as is and let the next person deal with it. Don't use stop leak unless you want to screw the next person over.

·
2010 Camry SE V6
2008 Camry LE
3,124 Posts
As mentioned above, that stop leak will cause more issues than it will solve. That stuff clogs the whole cooling system (radiator/heater core). And will only cause you or the next owner more issues and cost more money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would keep it if I didn't hqve to pass emissions. But I may part it out as it is in great condition. Wasn't thinking about selling her. But I guess I could put it on C//- list and see if I get any bites.

·
2010 Camry SE V6
2008 Camry LE
3,124 Posts
I would keep it if I didn't hqve to pass emissions. But I may part it out as it is in great condition. Wasn't thinking about selling her. But I guess I could put it on C//- list and see if I get any bites.
Where are you located

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts