Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys, I just bought a 03 Toyota Corolla with 70k miles... That is in really good shape besides scratches and little stuff... One of the main things that buggs me the most are the headlights... They are faded and basically not letting any light out. So I did some research and i found this site ... the prices look pretty good, but I never bought anything from them before, so I would like to know if anyone here has any experience with them.

Well any type of feedback would be appreciated.

Thank you,

·
Vivir el momento
Corolla
18,784 Posts
If they are faded you can buy a 3M headlight restoration kit and restore them.

The process is pretty straight forward and you'll save quite a bit of money over buying new headlights.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If they are faded you can buy a 3M headlight restoration kit and restore them.

The process is pretty straight forward and you'll save quite a bit of money over buying new headlights.
Im going to look into it... ill keep ya posted how that works out for me...
thanks

·
Registered
316 Posts
On several cars I have used 1500/2000 grit sandpaper to smooth the plastic (wet sand), then polishing compound to rub it all out. The result is "like new" units. Check out Google for more info, and good luck.

·
Registered
Corolla LE, Jeep
26 Posts
I drive a 03 LE as well and it seems to have been good with headlights thus far. In something like headlights, prevention is key. On customers cars, I usually like to do a 600, 1000, 1800, 2000, 2500 grit wetsand using 3M wet or dry sandpaper. Top it off with a plastic polish and the Porter Cable and then a nice coat of wax. It will surely protect you for a long time and leave you with new headlights.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts