Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Highlander '03 Ltd.
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2003 Highlander windshield with an in-glass antenna. Has anyone ever replaced theirs? Is any generic glass ok or should I buy a specific brand. This is my first car and I would like to do it right and economically.

·
Registered
29 Posts
no expert but

I am no windhsield expert but i have had many replaced and I have found that if you do a little home work and ask around about diffrent glass companys in your area you will find a good one. call your insurance company or local body shops they can usually recommend a good one
I have never had a bad job done from any of them but i did have a soso job done in a dodge durango. the rubber seal at the top of the windows does not seat right i can press it down into place and after a 55mph drive it pops up a little

as for the antenna that should be no problem i didnt watch but they fixed my wifes car with the antenna no prob at all

I wouldnt worry its a pretty simple job and they have to use a certain type of window for saftey reasons

·
Registered
Highlander '03 Ltd.
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cinobyte, thanks for the response. I will ask around. I should have also been clearer about the windshield. My highlander does not have an actual antenna, it has an "in-glass antenna" in the front windshield. If you happen to know any more let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
29 Posts
one more thought

my 06 has i think what is called heated wipers which is just a heated strip on bottom of windshield thats heats up when rear defroster is on. If you have that option I would be sure and tell who ever replaces the window so that they supply the same type of window

1 - 4 of 4 Posts