Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to buy a few sensors just to have them.Want to get Denso,looks like there is only two positions upstream and downstream. Does this cover all o2 sensors
on this car?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looking to buy a few sensors just to have them.Want to get Denso,looks like there is only two positions upstream and downstream. Does this cover all o2 sensors
on this car?
you are correct, upstream are a\f sensors and downstream are o2 sensors.
you are correct, upstream are a\f sensors and downstream are o2 sensors.
Just to be sure I understand,are you saying there is only one part # for all upstream and one part # for all downstream Thanks for your help

·
Registered
591 Posts
Just checked rock auto and for my 04 with 3.3l the two downstream sensors are a different part number because the wires are different lengths and it's showing some upstream sensors that are for either bank and some that are specific to either bank, depending on brand.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Haya can tell us with certainty. I looked on McGeorge Toyota online parts selector. (Good prices on OEM). Looks like the 3.0 uses the same AF sensor for both banks, 89467-48011 and a single rear O2 sensor 89465-49075. But verify.

·
Registered
2003 Highlander
658 Posts
2003 V6 AWD 343k miles. Original owner.
Upstream is Denso part no. 234-9009. Fits both bank 1 and bank 2 locations. (Cord is about 13 inches long.)
Downstream is Denso part no. 234-4215 (flanged). Below drivers seat position.

I recommend you do not substitute other mfr. for Denso. Did that already. No luck. Denso is the OEM mfr. for Toyota.

Besides, Denso parts have come way down on price over the past year or so.
Best of luck, Haya....

·
Registered
763 Posts
Rather than buying as spares consider buying and installing, keeping the old ones as spares. I picked up about 2mpg city by replacing the sensors, spark plugs and MAF in my 3MZ-FE

·
Registered
24 Posts
There are many YouTube video on how to clean O2 sensor.

It makes sense. Sensor connect to exhaust and it is very easy to get dirty.
My 2003 Highlander need replace bank 2 sensor three times, but bank 1 never need to replace.
I saved old bank 2 sensor, next time sensor needs replace, I will try to clean old one to see how long it will work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts