Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yesterday I bought an 03 toyota Camry le. Im loving the car so far. I bought the car from a car rental agency. From my research, the 2003 camrys came with keyless entry standard. so when the guy handed over keys and no keyfob I was surprised. When I asked him about it he said the car has no keyless entry functionality.

If the car does have this functionality annd the guy didnt know what he was talking about I would go and buy the fob.

I would like to know is there a way for me to tell if my car has the keyless entry functionality? I just want to know what Im working with.

Also where is the best place to purchase. i know the dealer would charge me an arm, leg and a few vital organs.

thanks in advance.

I did a search but found very little on keyless entry for the latest generation of camrys

·
Registered
233 Posts
I have an 03 and it does have keyless entry, the new 'standard' camry introduced in 04 doesn't.
I'm not sure how you can tell but do you have a manual, maybe it mentions it.
There are many keyfobs for sale on ebay for 2003 camry

·
4u2nv
1,498 Posts
Im 100% sure your car came with keyless entry. And since you dont have a remote, buy one of ebay, and take it to the dealership to program to your car.

For proof just click on the link, and scroll down to the Standard Equipment chart, it says there that keyless entry is standard.

>>>Click Here<<<

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the replies.

I ordered one of ebay for 25$, 30$ with shipping. We will see how it goes,

thanks

·
Banning is an art.
1992 Camry V6 LE
3,267 Posts
Holy cow, $25? I bought 3 of them on ebay, they all cost $6.99 each! Check the FCC ID, mine is GQ43VT14T for my 03 Camry LE. As long as it's the right ID, you can buy the remote say from a Celica or Matrix...those ebay sellers just try to advertise for specific cars.

Dealers will charge $40 to program the remote, you can find the instructions in the Hardcore/Tech forum, just do a search on the word 'remote' and 'programming' I believe.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Damn. $6.99? i thought 25$ was a good deal. i guess I should have waited for your post before purchasing.lol.

I really dont know much about this stuff so I was looking for one that specifically said for 2003 toyota camry. and I made sure it was one that came with programming instructions.
oh well. live learn.

thanks

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
articledon said:
Damn. $6.99? i thought 25$ was a good deal. i guess I should have waited for your post before purchasing.lol.

I really dont know much about this stuff so I was looking for one that specifically said for 2003 toyota camry. and I made sure it was one that came with programming instructions.
oh well. live learn.

thanks
as long as the FCC ID matches the vechile spec, it should be reprogrammable, some remote only has Lock, Unlock, and panic button
the 03 camry should also has Trunk buttom on remote for the power trunk release.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
get a key fob with a trunk button and your good to go

1 - 11 of 11 Posts