Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all - I had a question regarding my 03 Matrix XR. Whenever I'm driving I notice that there is a "buzz" sound on my dashboard (i.e. near the speedometer, etc...). Has anyone experienced that? It only happens when i'm going 50mph+ so it's really weird. I'm thinking something's loose inside because when I press the display thing (you know, where there are three circles, pardon my lack of terminology here) it stops. I was trying to see where I could take the dashboard apart, but i'm afraid to break something or worst, deploy the airbag (since it's near the steering wheel). :lol: besides, i can't see where the screws are. can anyone help? i'm terrible with these stuff. :ugh3: thanks a bunch :)

·
IndyGo Ink
03 Matrix Xr
34 Posts
^^
Yeah, I've seen some kind of fix too..wasn't it something about the A pillar and stuffing insulation in the area where it meets the dash on the drivers side?

Anyway, my biggest buzz comes from the A/C unit, when it's running, at a stop light, with the brakes on. Not much need for A/C in Indy now :disappoin

You may also try finding an online maintenance manual for your trix. That would give you a how-to with pix on where the screws are, etc.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks you all! I got the trim rings out and the noise is gone. YAY!!! :eek:hyeah: So if I basically drive without the trim rings, then it won't make any noise. But it'd be great if I can put it back on and have no noise. :D So I was wondering if you knew what I could do to the trim rings in order to put them back on and stop the noise. Is there some kind of thing I can put in between or something? :whatthe:

·
04 XR Manual 2WD
70 Posts
Double-sticky foam tape. It comes on rolls (like Scotch tape) or in squares or dots. If the gap isn't large enough for foam tape, it might be sufficient to use a layer of regular masking tape just to prevent the offending plastic pieces from contacting each other.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.