Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anybody know if the stock 2003 SE Camrys are lowered? i would assume because its an SE that toyota would lower it for performance? eh just curious if it is then whats the drop? i know for certain that it come with stock strut bar.....oh this 03 camry has 16" hubs caps so no alloys :disappoin

thanks for the info!

·
Gen 4 XLE v6
02 Toy Solara V6 MT
3,192 Posts
Gen 5 SE's come with stiffer suspension - thats it. As far as a stock strutbar - fyi solara's come with a bar std. I think camrys should come with it as well...but maybe they don't.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Yup, the SE's aren't lowered. It's mostly just for 'looks', but Toyota should have made the spoiler and alloys standard. They also should have had a manual with the V6.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
weiird....i was driving my moms 03 SE Camry today and it seemed lower than my 05 LE Camry... looked in her manual and all the dimensions are the same so what gives? am i going insane or what? :eek:

·
The Greatest
3,830 Posts
I don't think it would come lowered.

A camry isn't exactly the sportiest car of the bunch. Your not gonna be having an 8 second car with that tank.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
CamNub said:
I don't think it would come lowered.

A camry isn't exactly the sportiest car of the bunch. Your not gonna be having an 8 second car with that tank.
true dat, but for the look and feel.....like i said id assume it would b/c it was an SE

·
The Greatest
3,830 Posts
RSCD_HireD said:
true dat, but for the look and feel.....like i said id assume it would b/c it was an SE
Yah but if you want to look a trim higher, Look at lexuses. The ES's which they say are camrys. Those aren't lowered.

I don't think there EVER will be a lowered family car. And did you happen to get the TRD kit too w/ black pearl emblems? I saw that on a green cam and it looks hot as hell! :thumbup:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
CamNub said:
Yah but if you want to look a trim higher, Look at lexuses. The ES's which they say are camrys. Those aren't lowered.

I don't think there EVER will be a lowered family car. And did you happen to get the TRD kit too w/ black pearl emblems? I saw that on a green cam and it looks hot as hell! :thumbup:
yeah moms SE has the black emblems

·
Registered
15 Avalon Touring SE
342 Posts
rgud said:
My Se Came Stock With The Alloys, Hubcaps Are For The Le.
Nope, even on SE's, the alloys were an option. Stock SE's came with 16" steelies and hubcaps.

·
Gud
2003 Camry SE
32 Posts
2003 Camry Se

Haha Nice! So I Guess The Guy Before Me Got That Option. Either Way, I Got My 18's Up Until Winterthen Ill Throw The Alloys Back On.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts