Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just installed a Sony HU, and my reception went to crap on stations that used to sound fine. If I park my other car right next to the Corolla, I get great sound in it, and crackly garbage in the Rolla. I've seen some antenna's on e-bay which claim to increase reception. Any thoughts on these? Any other suggestions to get better reception???

·
Registered
Camry
6,925 Posts
You did plug in the antenna right?

Does the Corolla's antenna have some kind of powered amp that was turned off when you hooked up the new radio?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yup, antenna is plugged in. It's the GT520 HU, which is nice, except for the reception. I'm going to try a signal boost antenna and see if that does anything...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Not much you can do here. Aftermarket radios are usually made with an emphasis on features, not FM reception. What you're describing isn't unusual. If it's really important to you, check the FM sensitivity on the aftermarket radio before you buy it. The higher the sensitivity, typically the better the reception.

Some small fixes also involve making 100% sure the antenna is grounded properly (very rarely does this cause an issue though, especially in newer cars), or even an FM booster. I'd suggest sat radio if that's an option.

Corollas never came with factory amps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts