Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Just got a new Toyota Tundra Double Cab 2004 4x4 a few weeks ago.

I'm finally getting some pics to show it off.

These two are befores:

The 1st things I've done are: Added K&N Air Intake system, Big Country Grill Guard and Westin's Oval Tube bars.

This is my 1st ever Toyota (of any kind). I've had it for about a month. I love every single thing about it, except! The gas mileage. My take on that issue is, if you can afford one of these things in the 1st place, it's not that big of a deal. Unless of course, gas climbs through the roof again!

All of these pictures are taken with my Motorola e815 camera phone. I think they turned out pretty good.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm in need of new tires.

The stock tires on here are 265/65/17

There is not any suspension work. Everything is stock.

What are the limitations on size without rubbing (of any kind)? Without any suspension work (not even the little coil spacers things to even the front end out). I'm talking cracker jack, stock. Would 265/70/17 rub?

Thanks.

·
GO PATRIOTS!
2007 Tundra
8,676 Posts
I'd say you'll be fine....I have the 265/70R16's stock on my truck and also have a set of 265/65/R17's and I rolled them up to each other and they are almsot identical. If you go to a tire shop have them mount one and then drive on it just to make sure, but you shouldn't have any problems at all.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks a lot. I love it!

I went in and had 265/70/17 BF Goodrich all Terrain's installed on one tire. They are about 1 inch taller tire, so they rub the front mud flap just barely with the wheel cranked.

I ordered up a set and will eventually get the coil spacer to even out the front ends.

The tires should be in mid-week and once they're installed I'll post pics!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Alrighty then...

Here's the truck with Michelin Cross Terrain 265/65/17's on it...

I had BF Goodrich All Terrain 265/70/17's installed yesterday...

I likey!!

Anyway, I was real concerned about driving them and rubbing. However, after driving nearly 50 miles on them now, from city to highway, I haven't heard them rub one time. I pulled over at a truck stop and did 360 tight assed turns without hearing/feeling a thing. 70's do not rub!! Nice.

Here is a pic of the clearance I'm talking about...

This is 265/65/17 in a tight turn...

And with the one inch taller 265/70/17's in same tight turn position...

PS. What's next? I'm thinking one of the following; 1. New hood (I like the taco's scoop look). 2. Tinted front windows 3. Exhaust system. I don't know yet.

·
GO PATRIOTS!
2007 Tundra
8,676 Posts
Looks great, I bought some pre-cut tint off EBay for like 20$ and installed it myself, came out pretty damn good, if you want to save some cash.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Sceaduo said:
Alrighty then...

Here's the truck with Michelin Cross Terrain 265/65/17's on it...

I had BF Goodrich All Terrain 265/70/17's installed yesterday...

I likey!!

Anyway, I was real concerned about driving them and rubbing. However, after driving nearly 50 miles on them now, from city to highway, I haven't heard them rub one time. I pulled over at a truck stop and did 360 tight assed turns without hearing/feeling a thing. 70's do not rub!! Nice.

Here is a pic of the clearance I'm talking about...

This is 265/65/17 in a tight turn...

And with the one inch taller 265/70/17's in same tight turn position...

PS. What's next? I'm thinking one of the following; 1. New hood (I like the taco's scoop look). 2. Tinted front windows 3. Exhaust system. I don't know yet.
Great looking Tundra!! :thumbup: Welcome to TN as well. I always have a thing for the previous gen Tundra, but in my book it's now overshadowed by the new one :D

Love the grill guard you have on it too, those deers (or whatever animals that don't think twice about crossing the road) better watch out :lol:

Guess you guys have it good in Montana. Here in Canada it's illegal to tint the front windshield, otherwise it'd be sick and people in front have no idea who's driving :D If you install police flasher bulbs into the headlamps you could pose as "undercover" to freak people out :lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.