Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright. So my second baby is just a few months away from birth and we need a bigger car/truck. After reading a lot and doing some research I absolutely decided I want a sequoia over my second choice ( Armada ). I've narrow it down to 2 models I like best and they are the 04 limited or the 05 limited.

To be quiet Honest the only difference I can notice from these two models is that the 05 has a new front end design. But for anything mechanically or electric I have no idea.

I was wondering if anyone here can help me out decide which of the two should I buy. If the 05 doesn't have much difference from the 04 then I would just get the 04 because it is a few thousand dollars cheaper in my area.

I'm hoping to be a first time Toyota owner in less than 3 weeks. I forgot how exciting it is to get a New ( used in my case ) Vehicle.

I really appreciate any help I can get. Thank you very much. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think the 04 was the last year with the "Hi - Lo" shift on the floor. In 05 it became a button. I think both trannys are equally reliable, but have different gear ratios, causing the 05 and newer to get slightly worse "real world" MPG. Neither are as problematic as the 2001 transmission. Otherwise the 04 and 05 are the same.

The Armada is terrible. Rattles, terrible quality. Stay away from that!

·
Registered
2006 Sequoia Limited
10 Posts
Erz, had the same issue, with my growing family, I needed a bigger rig, and decided on the Sequoia. I also found the 04's cheaper, but I liked the push button 4WD, as opposed to the shift, which I have read can be a little tricky. The insturment cluster on the refresh (post 05's), is also black as opposed to the grey. If you are looking for the Nav option, I believe they were only available on the 05's and later. I researched both, all the options were otherwise the same. Also, for 05 and after they tweaked the engine, you get a little more HP from the 4.7L V8. I ended up getting an 06 Limited.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts