Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning all. Yep, it's a thing again. I replaced the lock 3 times, the cable 3 times, and the actuator twice. I found a genuine Toyota latch assembly with a cable and a metal handle. After installation, I tested everything before re-installing the panels and the lock worked. Once I buttoned everything up, the door won't unlock now. Next, I replaced 2 fuses that are associated with the lock, still no luck. Any other suggestions as to what might be the issue? Could it be that I need to replace the actuator again?

Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
2005 Corolla CE
15,120 Posts
Can you make a video of the issue?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Door won't unlock or door won't open? Wondering if this is an electrical or mechanical problem. Have you tried both the unlock button (front door or fob) and the tailgate lock cylinder?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It won't unlock. I can reach in and move the actuator to the unlocked position, and then I can open the door. I'm thinking that it's an electrical problem as well, possibly related to the tailgate lock cylinder.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Morning all. Yep, it's a thing again. I replaced the lock 3 times, the cable 3 times, and the actuator twice. I found a genuine Toyota latch assembly with a cable and a metal handle. After installation, I tested everything before re-installing the panels and the lock worked. Once I buttoned everything up, the door won't unlock now. Next, I replaced 2 fuses that are associated with the lock, still no luck. Any other suggestions as to what might be the issue? Could it be that I need to replace the actuator again?

Thank you!
I remember when I replaced the lifftgate latch motor, I had a dickens of a time getting the vehicle to recognize what position the switch was in. It would close once, then refuse to unlock. If I recall correctly, what randomly worked was disconnecting the battery and setting the positive terminal on the frame (for full electrical discharge) for an hour. The system seemed to stabalize and hasn’t been an issue since (about a year ago).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts