Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to purchase a driver side replacement cable for the sliding door, Searching on EBay, there are various prices from about 75.00 to 150.00 and they all seem the same. The reviews speak of these only lasiting a few years. I have not priced an OEM cable if I can get lt but I am sure it will exceed 300.00. What is your experience, are the after market cables not reliable? Should I just bit the bullet and go with AN OEM cable?

·
Registered
96 Posts
I'd recommend OEM only because ours (2004 LE) is still original although I know a lot have "gone bad". OEM should give you a better/longer duty cycle.

Greg

·
Registered
Toyota Sienna 2008 LE AWD
6 Posts
I am looking to purchase a driver side replacement cable for the sliding door, Searching on EBay, there are various prices from about 75.00 to 150.00 and they all seem the same. The reviews speak of these only lasiting a few years. I have not priced an OEM cable if I can get lt but I am sure it will exceed 300.00. What is your experience, are the after market cables not reliable? Should I just bit the bullet and go with AN OEM cable?
I had that problem with my 2008 sienna on both doors, all I did is cut the end of the cables (two ends for each cable) and start to open it and close it Manually since two years, still using it like this, save your money .

·
Registered
2005 Sienna XLE Ltd.
252 Posts
I had that problem with my 2008 sienna on both doors, all I did is cut the end of the cables (two ends for each cable) and start to open it and close it Manually since two years, still using it like this, save your money .
Save more money yet and don't even buy a car?

Good solution for you may not be an acceptable option for others, especially for the OP who apparently wants them working.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts