Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone tell me what the difference is between these two models, besides the obvious body style differences? I'm just curious as to how one can differentiate these two 2004 Tacoma Models, on paper, if you weren't able to see it.

Both are v6, 4wd, both have TRD Off Road Package, and both are 2004 Tacomas.

Tacoma 1

Tacoma 2

Why, if both Tacomas are equipped with the same stuff, does Tacoma 1 have matching vehicle color wheel flares, and grill panel, and the other have black wheel flares and a chrome grille? Is Tacoma 1 a Limited Edition, and Tacoma 2 is not?

I'm just curious to know if there is a fundamental difference between the two? I've only ever seen the matching body color on the grille, and wheel flares, on the 04 models, and I've only ever seen them in Red, Black, and Silver....

Anyone know what makes these two trucks different, other than the body styles? Is it just some special package that I don't know about, that isn't described anywhere?

Thanks in advance,

- Ron Burgundy

·
Registered
435 Posts
package

I have have both.One has the color matched flairs and bumpers one dosent.It was a color matched package that came on them.They are both the same othere wise.

·
Registered
01 & 04 S-Runners
567 Posts
During the 2004 model year, there were 2 optional packages that would get you the color-keyed flares:

- SR5 Color-Keyed Package
- Limited Package

The SR5 Color-Keyed Package got you a color-matched grille surround as well. With the Limited Package you got a chrome grille surround.

The SR5 color-Keyed Package was offered on all PreRunner and 4X4 models. The Limited Package was only available on PreRunner Double Cab V6 and 4X4 Double Cab and XtraCab V6 models.

If you got the TRD Off-Road Package, you got the color-keyed fender flares only if you'd also gotten the SR5 Color-Keyed or Limited Package.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts