Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, my '04 Tundra has an unusual problem with the power steering. The power steering fluid (dex/merc) gets low all the time and I add half a quart here and half a quart there. Naturally you would think there was a hole in a hose or a loose fitting or something but there is not. Some of the hoses and a sensor on the front of the pump look like they have seen oil but nothing like the amount of fluid being lost is found in the engine compartment or on the ground underneath it. Can anybody help me find out where all the fluid is going?!?!!? Thanks -Benjamin

·
Registered
29 Posts
mine would leak from the hoses leading from the cooler. They are held in place with those little clip on hose clamps. the leak was very slow and hard to notice. Most people wouldn't even know that there was a power steering pump cooler. it's just a little loop in the system in front of the a/c core.

·
Registered
92 Toyota Camry
1 Posts
There is a vacuum valve at the power steering pump that can get an internal leak. This causes the fluid to be sucked into the intake system and burned in the cylinders. If you don't see any leaks, this is likely your problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts