Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i drive an automatic 04 camry le v6 with the vvti engine, it only has 12900ks on it. every time when i gas it to 5000rmp, the engine revs and the whole car jerks. the problem is after 10 seconds theres a really weird smell coming from the air vents. it smells like something burning.

any o4 v6 owners encounter this problem or weird smells from the engine when it revs above 3000rpm??

plz help

·
97 BlackWidowed
camry
626 Posts
yeah you shouldent be coming over any bumps in the road yet with that milage, did u not brake that engine in right? only thing i can think of, take it back to the dealer, its under warrantie

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
first 1000 ks drove it under 100km/hr
oil changed 2times as recommeded by the manual

i drove it pretty hard for the last 1000ks
i would say 10 times at 5-6000rmp
i put in 86octane regular

and also, can u guys tell me if theres any noise that sounds like a fan running when the engine is idling, plz let me know

thanks a lot

·
Registered
49 Posts
I can't say that I've had any experience with a V6 Camry. My 2004 Camry LE I4 has been great for the 4600 miles I've put on it in 2 months. Only thing that I can think of is that you might of improperly broke it in, or ran it a little bit too hard. Like another member stated, simply turn it in under warranty. Chances are that they will go your way because as most of us already know, the only way you can kill a Toyota is to do it deliberately, and you didn't as far as I know.

Good Luck,
Sly

·
TN の がしょう
2015 Camry XSE V6
7,715 Posts
I only thought the fan runs on manual tranny cars when it's idle......but then, it's also required that you don't over work your engine after 1000 miles.

·
Registered
Camry
1,463 Posts
no its not f'ed.
Bet you it's just oil on part(s) that gets hot when you rev high...like your exhaust pipes running under your engine.
My V6 likes the mid grade. It gets better milage than if I run just plain regular in there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts