Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
'05 Camry SE
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
USA made, to further complicate things, since Toyota decided to use different parts for USA and Japanese made cars. It's been a while since I worked on the brakes, but I'm going to replace everything again, and am searching rockauto and seeing pics showing four shoes for the parking brake replacement parts (i.e. Wagner Z859, Raybestos 859PG). IIRC, the parking brake activates two shoes on the rear, driver's side, wheel only.

Are the pics showing four shoes wrong, or do I use only 2 of the 4 shoes sent?

Since, what prompted me to replace everything now is something metallic dragging on that same rear, driver's side, rotor, I'm planning on having a new parking brake hardware kit on hand too. It sounds like a pad sensor rubbing on the rotor, but I like to be prepared, so I don't have to run anywhere in the middle of a job (probably buy small parts that may not be needed locally to facilitate returns).

BTW, found speedkar99's excellent 2014 tutorial on YT! Different car, but from what I remember, the procedure's the same.

Thanks in advance, and a good Sunday to all!

·
Registered
'05 Camry SE
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply! Based on your experience, are there any decent aftermarket brands for the parking brake hardware kits? None seem to have good ratings on Amazon, but then half of those rating the parts are complaining they don't fit on their vehicle because they bought the wrong part to begin with.

I ordered the brake parts from rockauto yesterday and only afterwards remembered the parking brake. I rather not cancel and reorder so as to not slow down the delivery date, which is Thursday.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
'05 Camry SE
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Raybestos or Carlson are fine for hardware. I tend to clean/grease/re-use the adjuster as some of the aftermarket adjusters look lame.

Agreed; I do the same! Thanks again for the help and have a good evening!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts