Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we have a 04 Corolla-S, TRD springs, CAI, Strut bar,

we may also get a 05 Matrix XR 4WD, we will sell our 4x4 truck...

in So Cal it is a hassle, we have to order it etc, Toyota never thinks we get snow etc...we dont but the Moutains do...so...

1 worth it??

2 does it grab, do you notice the traction??

3 will it grab wet clay? this is a dirt road that gets wet, so no real 4x4 stuff, it is a road, no ruts or bolders, more of a slick thing.

4 tire recomendation? we are getting the 16 inch wheels

5 set up should I get CAI? should I get strut brace?
no lowering springs because we want the little clerence that we have to stay the same..

this will be a daily driver as well,
we are getting creature features, so what do ya think??

PS thanks for helping the newbie

2005 Tacoma X-Runner
9,188 Posts
It sounds like the 4wd matrix should fit your needs. With the combination of snow tires plus the 4wd it should be pretty good. You don't have to order one. I can dealer trade to get you the car you want.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you should heare what I have heard, and most boils down to they just do not want to do it...

I heard the same things when getting my 04 Corolla w ABS brakes and Cold Weather package, now called All weather package, (the A/c flows throught the rear ducts as well as the heat)

heard,
"their made in Japan so you will have to wait 6-8 months"
"cant get here"
"you will have to pay full sticker"

etc...

·
400whp club here I come!!
HT MR2 Turbo
3,546 Posts
What city do you live in?? SoCal w/ snow?? We don't ever get THAT much snow. Big Bear is probably the best socal snow... and it's pretty weak.... any car w/ chains can handle it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
we have a cabin in Big Bear and in laws in Mex, they live on dirt road, it turns to clay in winter and is slick for a few months, we also go to San Felippe and there is a lot of sand...not looking to 4x4 just want the added traction...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.