Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2005 AVALON TOURING
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I searched but couldnt find anything specific, I want to know if I can get my XM Onyx connected to my factory head unit? The unit is a JBL and it has the button AM/SAT on the head unit. When I get this installed I would like to have my amps and door mounts and kicker L5 installed as well. Do I need to get a different head unit (I know I need to keep the factory for the climate control) in order to have my amps installed? I would have about 3-4 amps installed, 1 for sub, 1 for tweets, 1-2 for door mounts. It would save me $ because the head units that I want are expensive. Thanks for reading.

·
Registered
2005 AVALON TOURING
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
P.i.e.

Ok since I havent had any response from anyone I have done a lil digging!!! If you have a Avy with the JBL stereo system you can get a aux unit that will allow you to connect an after market sat unit, iPod, and other units to the factory head unit. The product can be found on crutchfield the cheapest its a Toy03 Aux/s if you do a search you can find it easily. This will allow you to not have to mess with the climate control display. I plan on adding around 3-4 amps so the other thing needed is called a hi-low unit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts