Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well I'm just in the process of buying an 05 xrs. pick it up on Friday. Trading in my 02 rio and picking up the 05. At this moment all i'm gonna do is put a little bit of bump in the ride. new rims probably next summer, and as i get to drive it more i'll probably do a few more mods to it. whenever i get a car i say i'm not gonna mod it, and then after a month i go... this is too boring stock, it needs atleast something personal in it. My other ride is a 64 tbird, which at the moment has the tranny being put back together and a bit of paint work being done because of my having too good of a day working on the car. (at the end of the day i decided everything was going great... tossed the aircleaner under the hood and slammed it shut.. well low and behold the screw in the top of the air cleaner decided to poke a hole through the center of the hood. well i get my car friday... can't wait to be done with this kia.

2005 Tacoma X-Runner
9,188 Posts
Welcame to TN. You're going to love the corolla xrs. Have you decided on what wheels to put on and what kind of system?

·
Registered
57 Posts
welcome to TN. XRS has the AWD does it not....man that would be nice in the winter. Sorry to hear about the bird, hopefully it turns out well

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the rims i'm not too sure about i'd love to go with american racing rims, but i'll probably cheap out and get some of those $1000 including tire sets, especially if my wife has an opinion in the matter. the system, I'm hoping to go with either eclipse, or else Alpine... Eclipse out here has a 1 yr warranty against theft, which is a great selling feature. but i've always been a fan of alpine. so i'm torn on that also... gonna decide by the end of today anyways

·
BigWilly ;)
2001 Toyota Corolla
431 Posts
93V65spdcamry said:
welcome to TN. XRS has the AWD does it not....man that would be nice in the winter. Sorry to hear about the bird, hopefully it turns out well
The XRS is FWD for the corolla..

but the matrix XRS is AWD

IF I am correct.... welcome to TN.. sweet car!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well picked out my subs and deck today... I'm getting a kenwood cd/mp3 player, and a 12" sub, going to be installed tommorow after i pick up the car.

·
BigWilly ;)
2001 Toyota Corolla
431 Posts
lol the sienna has AWD :p: check teh website :p

heh but you are right.. the matrix xrs doesn't have AWD..

nice.. what kind of amplifier and sub?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm going to stick with my clarion amp (its cheap but it works for now) and its a 12" kenwood.. don't know the specs on it but it has to be better than the 2 10" jl's i've been pounding for about 6 yrs. especially since one of the 10's is blown

·
Rated H: Chikan Sukebe
02 Vitz
1,363 Posts
Well to the forums, I believe your the first XRS Rolla here congrats, good luck with the plans you have in the works

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
well today was a lot of fun... picked it up and put on about 150 kms. its just too much fun... especially going from a 98 hp auto kia rio to a 170hp manual car with a decent suspension. anyways going to take pics tommorow and post them on car domain...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well its been a couple of great days driving my xrs. I'll post pics today sometime, I just have to wait for a buddy to come over and finish setting up this computer for me. He wants to partition my harddrive... and put all the freshly installed programs on the drive that windows isn't on. ( i picked up a pentium 4 3.something mhz/ghz or something like that (i'm not a computer guy so i'm not too sure about it) all i know is its a lot faster than the computer i had for the past 4 yrs. He told me not to plug in any usb devices until he had installed the programs for me (which includes my camera)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
the pics are sitting on my camera and my buddy isn't here to install my camera onto my new computer yet :(
He told me not to just plug in a usb device because it causes things to crash if you don't install the software first. and i'm pretty computer illiterate (I haven't really worked with computer setting up since the time before windows3.1... you know when Norton Change Directory was great cause you didn't have to type in cd\

1 - 20 of 22 Posts