Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts
2005 Tacoma X-Runner
9,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been talking to Marv and he's had a few requests for enclosures and baffles. He offered to do a groupbuy if more people are interested. He also has a few subs for a project that didn't go through so he is offering them with the enclosures.

The first three packages will be the two seperate sealed enclosures with amp rack in the middle and (2) 10" Subs. The subs are the Arc Audio Arc10D4 Subs.

http://www.arcaudio.com/arc-05/subwoofers/arc_10d4.htm

Do a search on some Car Audio forums and you will see these are very highly regarded subs for their sound quality, accuracy and the also hit hard too :) . They will work well off 200-350 watts rms each.

The enclosures will be part MDF and part Baltic Birch. Very nice stuff.

The price of this setup will be 630-640 USD shipped depending on your location. 3 of these sub/enclosure/amprack packages are available. Normally this would sell for 750 plus shipping.

If you would like to add all 4 baffles, front and rear, add 50 bucks.

If you would like the dual enclosure/amprack alone without the subs the groupbuy would be 250 plus shipping. Shipping is usually 30 bucks to the west coast and 40 bucks to the East.

If you'd like a single 10" or 8" enclosure it would be about 175 shipped. You can also add 4 baffles for 50.00 if you want baffles too.

The baffles are cut to the exact diameter of the speakers you will be using. Or they can just be cut out to your normal 6.5" mounting diameter. (6.5" Round Speakers rec'd over 6x9's)

He lives in Seaside, Northern California(By Monterey) if you'd like to pick it up local.
I can help you find a deal on a sub for the enclosures that don't come with a sub.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I'm in

hey cam, i'm in for one of the 2 sub/ double enclosure/amp rack packages. how do i pay?

2005 Tacoma X-Runner
9,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Cool

Give Marv a call tomorrow. He accepts Paypal and Money orders. If you want pay with paypal, you gotta add the 3.5% fee they charge.

Here's Marv's phone number 1-831-383-0308 Some of his previous work here, along with his email(but calling him is best)
http://community.webtv.net/MarvsPlace/MarvsPlace

Also, I forgot to mention, he doesn't do carpeting, but he does have some carpet that he will include for free.

2005 Tacoma X-Runner
9,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That might be possible. Could you do me a favor and measure the length of the passenger side plastic thing? He's built an inclosure for 4 10's back there so I think he would be able to.

·
WAX museum.
2005 Tacoma
1,390 Posts
I just want (1) JL 13W7..

It sucks that there's no depth available behind the seats. I'm thinking about removing the entire center portion (top and bottom) of the rear seat, and having an upholstery shop sew it up so I would, in effect, have two seats in the rear seperated by a gap wide enough (14"), and deep enough (10.5"), to fit a 13W7 either on the top or on bottom, then make the enclosure so that it could be used for seating again if needed. It's all about getting that 1.875 cu.ft. in a shape that's usable.

I just don't want to refer back to the 1980's and cut a hole in the rear wall and extend the enclosure into the bed. I'm not even sure if you could get away with that with this composite bed anyway. I have also considered making a fiberglass enclosure that would, in effect, replace the entire seat support enclosure, but I would miss the storage, and a W7 weighs 52 lbs and would really test the limits of home made fiberglass design!! :lol:

What's the max mounting depth on that box?

2005 Tacoma X-Runner
9,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Might as well go with an 8" if you're gonna take up all that space. And if you're gonna go with an 8" when you can fit a 10" might as well go 10" :D

·
Registered
409 Posts
woot woot

Talked to Marv today and got everything taken care of.. sent out the money order and all that. I can't wait to hear how these things are gonna sound :D

·
Registered
409 Posts
cam2Xrunner said:
Awesome, make sure to take some pics :D What amp are you gonna be using?
I have no Idea.. talking to Marv he said it really didn't matter too much and that power is power.. its the speakers that make the sound.. if you know of any deals on a 2 channel amp that will give me about 250 to 300 watts at 2 ohms per channel.. let me know. I don't want to spend too much as I still have to finish Christmas shopping for everyone else in my family.. i know i know.. i'm a procrastinator:eek: I stopped by a local shop today and they were trying to rip me off.. they were trying to sell me an old fosgate 100.2 claiming that it would give me about 600 watts.. after looking online i found out they were trying to jack me and that particular amp was wayyyyy less power than they said it was.. (i think they thought it was the 500.2). I don't like greedy ignorant people :disappoin

oh! shopped through this site before and found some decent stuff.. lemme know if any of the amps on there are any good.. they tend to have super good prices. http://www.discountjungle.net

2005 Tacoma X-Runner
9,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
bowen1 said:
doesnt the depth of the cabinet lend it self to the type of sub you can use. ie airspace and all
Yes. It would need to be under 5.5". I forgot what he said the airspace of each box was, IIRC it was .85 maybe, I have to check.

The Arc 10D4, Image Dynamics IDQ, and IDV3 will all work nicely in these enclosures.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.