Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
just asking for some help again.. I plan to change my fog light bulbs. Can anyone show me a DIY link on how to perform this on an '05 Corolla? that would be great thanks...pictures would be nice too if possible.

·
'10 XRS (05 & 09 XRS RIP)
2010 Corolla XRS
1,570 Posts
It's as easy as changing you headlights. Just a bit tough to get to. I did mine while they were up on a hoist.

FYI though...the 2005 fog lamps are the same bulbs as your low-beams - 9006.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So there's no possible way to fit them? becuase it seems like the manual says that the fogs are H3's ??hmmm.

·
'10 XRS (05 & 09 XRS RIP)
2010 Corolla XRS
1,570 Posts
Check first (pull it out of the socket).
I didn't and accepted the on-line comments that they were H3's. Got home and tried to plug them in only to notice that they were pretty big...9006 big! DOH! Wasted my $$ on useless H3 lamps and sold them for a loss...tho they work in prior Corolla years.

·
Premium Member
6,059 Posts
I used to have an 04 Corolla S and now an 05 Corolla XRS so I know for a fact that the 05 Corolla S and XRS fog lights are a lot more powerful than the 03, 04s. So maybe the H3s were on 03 and 04 and the 9006 are on 05.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yep you guys were right... it is 9006's for the fog lights on the 05 corolla.. thanks appreciate your time and help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts