Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Foot on the Pedal
'05 Highlander
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
a birdie told me to come over here and post this pic...i took this today of my Highlander, Emmett.

·
Foot on the Pedal
'05 Highlander
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks...lulz...i don't know if i'd go that far...don't want anything to ricey...

·
Premium Member
2008 Highlander Base
35,703 Posts
Tweet tweet. :D

That photo is really beautiful! Very well done. I love the vividness of the colors and the perspective of the shot too. If you have more photos like that I'd love to see them. Me like!

:cool:

-

·
Foot on the Pedal
'05 Highlander
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tweet tweet. :D

That photo is really beautiful! Very well done. I love the vividness of the colors and the perspective of the shot too. If you have more photos like that I'd love to see them. Me like!

:cool:

-
well...that was the first time i did a shot like that...i'm thinking about doing a series of them with Emmett, but also i have a shot coming up soon that i'm doing of a Jetta and a Golf, i'm going to do the same kinda shot with the Jetta because it's black and has really tinted windows, so i think it'll look alot better...i'm looking for some more graffiti in my city so i can do some more shots like this one...and i'll definitely post them on here for ya! :D

·
Premium Member
2008 Highlander Base
35,703 Posts
Very, very nice! The CMOS sensor they've got with that camera is very good at capturing colors compared to other sensors. My brother-in-law just bought a Canon Rebel and it's impressive too. Good choice on the 30D. :thumbsup:

·
Foot on the Pedal
'05 Highlander
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well thank ya! i was happy with it. i was looking at a Rebel as well...but well....i liked the 30D better. i might have some more pics up for ya tomorrow depending on the weather...i spent 3 hrs on Emmett getting him clean...in that pic i posted he was dirty...i took him off-roading...so i can't wait to see what they look like when he's clean! :D

·
Premium Member
2008 Highlander Base
35,703 Posts
I have an Olympus C-8080 8-megapixel digital camera and I love it. I'm going to get a Nikon digital SLR in the near future since all my lenses are Nikons, but I've got my eye also on some flavor of Canon primarily because of their CCDs and/or CMOSs. I like to shoot infrared photos, and Canon favors sensors that capture the near-infrared. My Nikon doesn't do so hot with infrared and tends to produce "hot spots" in the images since Nikon prefers sensors that capture into the ultraviolet. That's good for open space landscape photography, like shooting the Grand Canyon or something like that, since the sensor cuts through haze very, very well.

·
Foot on the Pedal
'05 Highlander
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I have an Olympus C-8080 8-megapixel digital camera and I love it. I'm going to get a Nikon digital SLR in the near future since all my lenses are Nikons, but I've got my eye also on some flavor of Canon primarily because of their CCDs and/or CMOSs. I like to shoot infrared photos, and Canon favors sensors that capture the near-infrared. My Nikon doesn't do so hot with infrared and tends to produce "hot spots" in the images since Nikon prefers sensors that capture into the ultraviolet. That's good for open space landscape photography, like shooting the Grand Canyon or something like that, since the sensor cuts through haze very, very well.
yea...i'm a huge fan of cannon...they are pretty easy to use...but i didn't know that about the Nikon so i'll keep that in mind...most people i know use cannon though...here's some pics i took today!

·
Premium Member
2008 Highlander Base
35,703 Posts
yea...i'm a huge fan of cannon...they are pretty easy to use...but i didn't know that about the Nikon so i'll keep that in mind...most people i know use cannon though...here's some pics i took today!
Two questions for you. How many megapixels is your 30D...8-megs? How'd he get the name of Emmett? Enquiring minds....:D

These aren't high-quality photos like yours, but here's a few photos of my Highlander....

Crossing railroad trestles in Anza-Borrego....

My baby muddy as hell and sitting in a volcanic cinder cone in the Mojave....

Beckoning me to get back inside as she sits next to the Sierra Nevada Mountains....

·
Foot on the Pedal
'05 Highlander
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the megapixel on it is 8.2...Emmett is named after Emmett in the Twilight series...Emmett is a vampire that has super strength as his power...and personally is my fave in the series...

though your pics aren't as high of quality they are still good...i wish i had terrian like that here...but in ky we don't have alot of stuff like that...it'd be really neat to get some moving shots of your car in the desert...

·
TN's Resident Car Whore!
'95 DSM Eclipse RS
5,978 Posts
1st pic is sweet.

·
Foot on the Pedal
'05 Highlander
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i took some pics last night...here they are...

·
Foot on the Pedal
'05 Highlander
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i didn't even really edit those...i'll almost have them done...and they look pretty amazing edited...so i'll post those next...

·
Premium Member
2008 Highlander Base
35,703 Posts
Well, crap, if those are the kind of unedited photos you're getting from your Canon, I may just chuck the idea of getting a Nikon digital SLR and buy a Canon and just buy an adapter so I can use my Nikon lenses. I really like the richness of the color!

·
Foot on the Pedal
'05 Highlander
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
here's the edited pics...and a few new ones...

1 - 20 of 62 Posts