Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys/gals, i have a 05 rav4 w/ 45K miles. Recent oil changed w/ mobil 1. A couple weeks after oil changed, the maintenance lite icon started blinking after started up. It blinked for 5-6 times. The Miss was at a dealership once and they said that if it blinks, it means you need like a new air filter or something. Can anyone verify or point me to the light with this?

Also, What are some maintence service that i can do to the car to have more gas mileage? Right now, it's approximately at CITY/HIGHWAY: 17-18/20-22 (mpg). I was thinking of the 40K miles maintence which includes spark plugs/wires/dizzy/cap/rotors?

As always, Thanks for any help and inputs. :thumbup:

·
CorollaCustomz.com
366 Posts
never heard of a maintenance light??
you mean the check engine light? Usually that just comes on when the ECU finds a problem and throws a code to turn the light on. I'd take it to the dealer or your mechanic to get the code read if thats the case.

You won't be able to do much for the gas mileage

you can have the plugs changed if they need to be... but your engine doesn't have wires, or a distributor cap, it's a direct ignition system

·
Registered
2 Posts
It is a "maintenance required" light and to reset this light after an oil change do this......put key in ignition, /leave in off position,/ press trip odometer reset button and hold while turning key to on position,/ release button,/ a menu of items will show by scanning down,/ go all the way thru menu to mileage,/ this resets your "maintenance required" light and it should stay off for another 5,000 miles. That is where Toyota has it set, because the owner's manual recommends oil and filter changes at 5,000 miles. Good Luck!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
rav4wak said:
It is a "maintenance required" light and to reset this light after an oil change do this......put key in ignition, /leave in off position,/ press trip odometer reset button and hold while turning key to on position,/ release button,/ a menu of items will show by scanning down,/ go all the way thru menu to mileage,/ this resets your "maintenance required" light and it should stay off for another 5,000 miles. That is where Toyota has it set, because the owner's manual recommends oil and filter changes at 5,000 miles. Good Luck!
we have a winner! Thanks for the tip, appreciate it. :thumbup:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have to send you a correction on re-setting the "maintenance required" light. When holding the odometer reset button -- do not release the button after switching the key to the on position. Hold it in until the dashed lines count down back to the showing of the mileage of the vehicle. I'm pretty sure this is more accurate. You know how these things are -- sometimes you have to "trial and error" a few times. My wife has the vehicle at work, so I couldn't run out and try this out for sure. Good Luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts