Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My '05 sienna has been smelling more and more musty since about last April. I can't leave the rear seats upright without strong mildew odor. Checking last night (Merry Christmas) I now learn that moisture's getting into trunk, a leakage or seepage issue. Anyone know what Toyota says and does for this? Any service bulletins? I can't sell it with this odor. My kids got sick to their stomach on way to grandma's, without a horse drawn sleigh ride. :confused: :help: :sosad:

·
crazy wheels
342 Posts
check and see if you left any groceries in the back
i left sum hamburger back there once and it smells like shit!!! and it gets worse everyday

·
Registered
132 Posts
since last april and your just worrying about it now. Good luck getting that stink out!

anyway, take 'er to the dealer...warrenty is a wonderful thing (might be a small leak in the weatherstripping)
I'd also spend some cash on getting someone to try and get that stank out...should be able to with the proper tools/cleaners/odor eliminators...don't try to mask it yourself, becuz until it's properly cleaned it will never go away, and may just get worse (if it's just mildew, then you add odor eliminator...can make it worse...I know from experiance)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the help, but ...

Well, although I said 2005, it is a 2004. I have had it for 20 months, but it has 52 K on it. So I have mentioned to the dealer - who will take a look at it this week - but he said they probably could not get Toyota warranty to cover it. I told them that it had to have begun at least within the warranty period, but was undiscoverable until recently. Any ideas how to get toyota to pay some/all of the cost underwarranty, since it clearly was a bad stripping or bad install?:confused:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mildew issue - rust hqas also been discovered

Well, maybe this is good news, but the dealer's service mgr foudn rust as well as water and midlew. so the toyota warranty people are being asked to cover the problem in total. i'll updata this post as soon as I know, for others with similarly slow-appearing water leaks.:eek:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts