Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Scion xB
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a specific '05 PreRunner in the Dallas area. I've checked at least a dozen dealers inventory on buyatoyota.com and nearly all of them say that they have TWO of the specific models that I'm looking for. They're always the same color and same MSRP at every dealer that I check. I also checked a few Houston area dealers and they say the same thing!

Did the first production run just make a bunch of Silver and White Tacoma's or are these probably the same two trucks that are showing up on the inventory of every dealer in the DFW area?

Any advice on getting the best deal? Should I wait until the week of New Year's or are these trucks still too new to get great deals on? I'm not in too big of a hurry and can wait until the Spring or Summer in order to save a little more.

·
I only eat vegatarians
2004 Tacoma Xtra-Cab
179 Posts
I would wait for a little while....if you can. Toyota is just starting to really roll out the 05's and right now it can be difficult to find exactly everything that you want (not to mention some dealers are really jacking up the price b/c of the current limited availability), by the first of the year (or a little after) you will have many more trucks to choose from and the prices should come down a bit (you will be able to bargain for a better deal). Good luck.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I know that there isn't great avalibility out there... that's why when they told me they had one in stock that had everything I wanted... I took it that same day.

·
Love this Tacoma!
Toyota Tacoma
623 Posts
I had to wait a day to get what I wanted shipped from Paris, Tx to Denison, Tx. But it was well worth the whole day wait. I was lucky though I wanted silver and there were plenty of those running around. My salesperson was awesome to deal with. Got me right where I wanted to be on my payments, and the truck even came with a few extra options that I wasnt expecting.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts