Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
06 Tacoma Access SR5
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Figured I'd start a thread to consolidate some of our carnage & stuck photos.
Let's try to keep this it short & sweet with PICS & a brief description.
Hopefully we can get a sticky on this just like the show your truck thread.

·
Registered
06 Tacoma Access SR5
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Camping in the Catskill Mountains up here in NY.
Manuevered arround/over a huge pile of soapstone that was meant to block the limited use highway we always go camping/4 wheeling on.
After successfully making it through that, i followed my brother (driving a cherokee sport) over seemingly harmless pile of Gravel/Dirt. Well he kicked up a loose rock which I then caught on my way over the pile.
Summary: Camping + Beer + Bourbon + New Truck = Ouch.

·
GO GATORS!!
2007 Toyota Tacoma
1,370 Posts
the only "carnage" i have on my truck are from the damn shopping carts at work so i dont really consider that carnage, but im sure some will come soon

·
Registered
947 Posts
Jredneck480 said:
the only "carnage" i have on my truck are from the damn shopping carts at work so i dont really consider that carnage, but im sure some will come soon
Walmart?

·
Master Slouch
2006 Toyota Tacoma
351 Posts
Parking lots are the worst!! My previous Toyota 4WD took me through some hairy places without so much as a scratch. Then I went to college and got both sides of my truck torn up with door-dings.

Makes me recall John Travolta's rant in Pulp Fiction: "Man, don't f**k with another man's car!"

·
Mine is better than yours
'06 Dbl-Cab 4x4 Taco
1,211 Posts
SR5-2006 said:
Camping in the Catskill Mountains up here in NY.
Manuevered arround/over a huge pile of soapstone that was meant to block the limited use highway we always go camping/4 wheeling on.
After successfully making it through that, i followed my brother (driving a cherokee sport) over seemingly harmless pile of Gravel/Dirt. Well he kicked up a loose rock which I then caught on my way over the pile.
Summary: Camping + Beer + Bourbon + New Truck = Ouch.
I see carnage under the clips for your hood deflector...........

Marc M

·
Surfing TN via iPhone
05 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD
10,653 Posts
I might post a pic of some shopping cart carnage that my truck recieved in a Lowes parking lot yesterday. I parked in the boonies, but a cart still got my front fender flare pretty good. I guess it was the wind. It will probably buff out with some serious polishing. If it had hit my doors I would probably have a serious dent and chipped paint. I was shopping in Lowes and my Compustar remote started buzzing, so I knew it wasn't good. I rushed outside and expected to see a shopping cart up against my truck, and I was right. Oh well, it could have been worse.

I'll start parking on the uphill part of the parking lot from now on.

·
Surfing TN via iPhone
05 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD
10,653 Posts
This was from when a guy ran me off the road about 9 months ago. Getting it repaired was a pain, but the money left over from the insurance check paid for my new wheels though. I can't complain. :)

·
Registered
06 Tacoma Access SR5
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Marc M said:
I see carnage under the clips for your hood deflector...........Marc M
Nope, read all the horror stories before I put it on so I used multiple layers of thick plastic. No issues.

·
Registered
06 Tacoma Access SR5
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Pb said:
This was from when a guy ran me off the road about 9 months ago. Getting it repaired was a pain, but the money left over from the insurance check paid for my new wheels though. I can't complain. :)
Yeah, hopefully someone will clip me before next spring so I won't have to fix it myself and maybe a little extra for the sliders.......oh well dare to dream. Good job on the repairs. You'd never know you got tagged.

·
Surfing TN via iPhone
05 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD
10,653 Posts
He ran me off the road, and into a street sign. Those are some tough little poles. The repairs cost me about $2500. The insurance check was about $4500. ;) I did some of the repair work myself.

·
Registered
333 Posts

Bunch of Druck 13 yr Olds stole a van and went on a rampage in the Mall parking lot. I was watching a movie at the theaters at the time.. came out at about 1:30 am and this is what i saw :(

·
Registered
641 Posts
firefighter11 said:

Bunch of Druck 13 yr Olds stole a van and went on a rampage in the Mall parking lot. I was watching a movie at the theaters at the time.. came out at about 1:30 am and this is what i saw :(
That sucks! that looks really low to the ground, for a DC. Maybe I'm used to all the "monster trucks" on here though.:lol:

·
A.K.A. Ty
2005 Tacoma TRD OR
768 Posts
firefighter11 said:

I don't know what I'd do if I ever got any damage like that. I almost had a heart attack when I scratched my front bumper on a chain link fence.

·
Registered
06 Tacoma Access SR5
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
tacogrande said:
Forklift driver at work got me while unloading some stuff.
Sucks about the damage, but it is nice to see someone actually using their truck for what it's designed for.

·
Registered
641 Posts
SR5-2006 said:
Sucks about the damage, but it is nice to see someone actually using their truck for what it's designed for.
Err, I think this gen Taco was designed for anything but work!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

See sig;)

·
Red Headed Slut
1,843 Posts
Maybe we should have a sticky thread up top titled, Carnage and Stucks! :naughty:

1 - 20 of 69 Posts