Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
05 DC PreTacoma
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased the factory Tacoma seat covers for my 05 SR5 Dbl cab. Drivers side went on without a problem. Passengers side a dofferent story. When slipping on the back rest cover, on the bottom of the cover it has two snap buttons. I've searched hi and low where to snap these into place and nothing. has anyone had this problem?

·
need to find money tree
2005 Tacoma
1,978 Posts
you have to slide the plastic piece that comes with the covers into the pocket on the seat.

·
Registered
05 DC PreTacoma
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did that with the drivers side. The passengers side comes in two pieces, a seat cover and a back rest cover. I installed the seat cover using the velcro strip. The backrest cover has two snap buttons I can't seem to figure out.

·
need to find money tree
2005 Tacoma
1,978 Posts
The plastic strip is for the passenger side. Did your seat covers come with directions? I dont have mine or else Id scan them to post what Im trying to talk about. There is a long skinny plastic piece with snaps on the end, you slide that through the pocket on the underside of the seat back, then slide the top half cover over the seat and snap it in place.

·
Registered
05 DC PreTacoma
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
AMP...Thanks for the info. My covers did not come with instructions. I'm missing the plastic strip that goes in between the seat material. I'll go back the the dearler tomorrow for the missing piece. Thanks again!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts