Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
SUBLMNL
05 JEEP TJ
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all the dudes who attack first, I did a search, could not open the parts list. check several other sites could not find the part number or size.
I know some one will post it right up, but I would appreciate some help.

By no means am I big dude, 6' 180.
Tried to get ahead, wanted to paint my rear brake drums tomorrow but I knew I would be busy, its like 60 out so I decided to do it tonight. Broke a stud off tightening with a 4-way, this I have never done before in all my years of working on my trucks. I am looking for the part number or size of the rear stud. I don't want to go to the Auto Parts store and endup with one that is to long or short or just wrong. Does anyone have access to the parts list or know what size stud I need.
I know some vehicles its hard to get the new stud in from the back because of lack of room, has anyone done this before on an 05? Is there enough room to put the stud in from the back without having to break down a bunch of parts?
Any help or hints would be appreciated.
Thanks for the help.
Nick

·
Registered
304 Posts
I don't see any specs on it, but Toyota refers to it as "rear axle hub bolt". You should probably just go to your nearest dealer to pick one up.

·
SUBLMNL
05 JEEP TJ
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
andygriffith said:
I don't see any specs on it, but Toyota refers to it as "rear axle hub bolt". You should probably just go to your nearest dealer to pick one up.
Thanks for the info, that is my plan but we all know how things can get busy, I was hoping to get the size in case I don't make it, not sure if the parts dept. will be open on MLK day.

·
Registered
304 Posts
va beach taco said:
Thanks for the info, that is my plan but we all know how things can get busy, I was hoping to get the size in case I don't make it, not sure if the parts dept. will be open on MLK day.
They should be open tomorrow I would think.

·
Registered
304 Posts
va beach taco said:
i was thinking if I don't make it tomorrow they may not be open monday.
It's possible, but I bet that they are open on Monday. Call and ask to make sure, but I am 99% sure that dealerships don't close on MLK Day.

·
SUBLMNL
05 JEEP TJ
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I went and picked up one this morning, went to where I bought my tires to get the lugs re-tighten as they suggested, I told them I tried to do it myself and I snapped the stud. They fixed it for free, thought that was pretty cool. If I had air tools I would have fixed it but its all god now.
Thanks for the help and say hi to aunt B for me.
Later Nick

·
Registered
304 Posts
va beach taco said:
I went and picked up one this morning, went to where I bought my tires to get the lugs re-tighten as they suggested, I told them I tried to do it myself and I snapped the stud. They fixed it for free, thought that was pretty cool. If I had air tools I would have fixed it but its all god now.
Thanks for the help and say hi to aunt B for me.
Later Nick
Dude, Aunt Bee is dead! Gomer says "Hey!" :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts