Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Rated H: Chikan Sukebe
02 Vitz
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Toyota for 2005 has raised the level of power and performance of the Tundra, the first import-brand full-size pickup truck line. Tundra for 2005 offers a powerful new 4.0-liter V6 engine, and significantly more horsepower in its 4.7-liter V8 engine. Tundra V8 models gain a new standard five-speed automatic transmission, and Double Cab models offer newly available curtain and seat side airbags.

The new 4.0-liter dual overhead cam (DOHC) V6 produces 245 horsepower and 282 lb-ft. of torque, compared to 190 horsepower and 220 lb-ft. of torque for the previous 3.4-litrer V6 - nearly 30-percent increases.

For 2005, the i-Force DOHC V8 gains variable valve timing with intelligence (VVT-i) to boost horsepower from 240 to 282. Torque has increased by 10 lb-ft. to 325 lb-ft. at 3,400 rpm.

·
Rated H: Chikan Sukebe
02 Vitz
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The 05 Tacoma should be out around March... it will share the same V6 engine as the Tundra, while the X-Runner version will have LSD and a 6spd Manual exclusive to the X-Runner, it will also feature 13" inch rotors and 18"inch Alloy rims with 1 inch drop all around.

With the exception of the X-Runner the Tacoma will be just a scaled down version of the Tundra V6 IMHO. Mini-Tundra if you will

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
The X-Runner also may come with an optional Supercharger. Which will put the lowered better handling truck over 300hp.

2005 Tacoma X-Runner
9,188 Posts
I heard the 05 tacomas supposed to come out next month. I'll check tommorrow.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Sportivo Concepts said:
The 05 Tacoma should be out around March...
Looks like toyota Messed up their allocation to me because i have a couple 7596's in my F category .. i managed to get one from a dealer on an A cat flip... now they are F cat... i think about 2 weeks or so i should have em on the ground ... i can take pics if anyone wants...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts