Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have a 2006 Toyota Avalon. I’m needing help determining where the camshaft and crankshaft position sensors are.
I had several codes going off for all the oil control valves and when we took the valve cover off the outer camshaft sprocket gear was shifted out of place and was scraping the side of the valve cover. We got it back in place and now only the P0017 code is showing. I’m at a loss for what to do from here. Any help would be great. TIA

·
Super Moderator
1995 T100 2WD & 1993 MR2
11,751 Posts
Not the best but might be helpful.
or

·
Avalon Enthusiast
05Avalon, 03Mustang
1,225 Posts

·
Registered
2006 TOYOTA AVALON XLS
603 Posts
Hi I have a 2006 Toyota Avalon. I’m needing help determining where the camshaft and crankshaft position sensors are.
I had several codes going off for all the oil control valves and when we took the valve cover off the outer camshaft sprocket gear was shifted out of place and was scraping the side of the valve cover. We got it back in place and now only the P0017 code is showing. I’m at a loss for what to do from here. Any help would be great. TIA
This is what I would do. Go to walmart and get the Supertech 5-20 HIGH MILAGE FULL SYNTHETIC oil. Get a GOOD oil filter. NOT the Supertech brand. The oil BEATS Mobil One! But the filters are standard. I used a Bosch but you might use a Mobil ONE oil filter. Why? Best material. Best oil flow and best to catch contaminants.
That is after your repairs. Plus you wont need a oil change for quite some time.

OR....

You can do the oil change like I mentioned. Wait 1 thousand miles and change the oil filter. What this oil does is get rid of all the crap that is in there.

BUT... I would get it fixed first and THEN do the oil and filter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts