Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Toyota Highlander Base 2.4L
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '06 Highlander Base 2.4L in which the rear left window keeps falling off the rail and I can't find out why. One day I was just driving like usual and put the rear window down all the way (I had never had an issue with the windows before) to get some breeze because the weather was nice, then when I tried to put it up, it went up halfway then it stopped going up and I heard a "clunking" noise like the motor or something was stuck in one place trying to put the window up. When I got home I looked at it and the window was not in its rail. At first, I thought it was the Window Regulator so I replaced that and it worked for a while, but then it happened again. I put it down just a little bit because I know better not to be messing with it anymore and when I tried putting it up, it wouldn't go up anymore and I have not had the time to check what happened this time so it's just stuck open not closing all the way ?. Luckily I have wind deflectors which keep snow and rain out of the interior. Anybody has had this issue & how did you fix the problem? Any suggestions what it might be causing the window to be having this issue? I got to mention that it started having this issue after I got the windows tinted so I don't know if that has anything to do with it ?

·
Registered
120 Posts
the bar that is attached at the bottom of the window has slide forward a little bit, you need to remove it and glue it in place....p.i.t.a glass shops that specialize in power window have seen this problem often and should be able to repair quickly...had to do mine 3 times on rear windows

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.