Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, so I'm new not only to the toyota crowd but to tuner cars in general. My question is if the 1.8l 4 cylinder has any potential (whether it be with boost, juice, etc), or is it just a lost cause performance wise?

browsing around I can hardly find anything aftermarket performance wise for the 9th gen 1.8l except for a couple of "universal" things

·
Vivir el momento
Corolla
18,784 Posts
The 2005 & 2006 XRS Corolla is the only model worth building up IMO.

The 2ZZ-GE in that car is the same powerplant found in the Lotus Elise and Exige models.

Unless you trade your LE in for an XRS. Otherwise, I would just keep the LE for use as a daily commuter car.

It doesn't have any performance potential.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, definitely good to know before I started considering all kinds of plans lol.

sadly for trade in I've only been offered almost nothing for it so I've decided to just keep it around till it dies (which hopefully will be a while). At this point I figure I'll just keep it clean and running :chug:

·
Dare to be different
1988 Toyota Celica
62 Posts
Think again.​

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah but I'd like to see what the car actually does with that gross amount of money put into it, plus I'm far from a lawyer's budget lol.

we have tons of guys with 2.7 and 3.5l chargers that will do insane high boosted twin turbo setups (aka ticking time bombs on the LX's) and only end up putting out 2-300hp at the wheels for what ends up being $8k+ in the end (which is NOTHING for a 4,200lb car)

·
Dare to be different
1988 Toyota Celica
62 Posts
That Corolla looks great cosmetic wise, not too sure about aerodynamic performance. I'm someone who puts function first, although I don't want an ugly car at the same time. But just wanted to throw that video out there to show you that many cars can look great even that Corolla. 8k to spend? Plans for my car is probably going over the 30k's lol. :headbang:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts