Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
'06 Seinna XLE AWD, '04 Highlander V6 4WD
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like the RAV4 finally gets leader of the pack of CUTE utes after starting the craze! New one has a opt. V6 and 7 pass! for cheap price. Almost as big in the seating as the Highlander what gives??:lol:

So where are they making the new RAV4?:confused:

·
CRESSIDA!!!
1984 Toyota Cressida
5,630 Posts
The new Rav4 is currently built in Japan. Toyota is building a new plant in Canada to build them around 2008.

·
The Biggest comment Whore
2002 Camry LE
1,956 Posts
I know that the 06' just came out, but anyone have any info on some of the "new" features on the 2007?

·
FJ nut
2,185 Posts
LOL!!!
I have seen good topics go without response sometimes.., especially if I start them.. :D

As a RAV4 fan since 1996, I was devastated to see the manual transmission go away so never did really do any futher research on it. My wife is crazy about the new one..The third row of seats is really an attractive option. She wants one but I tell her we can't buy automatic.

They gave the consumers what they wanted, a bigger more powerful RAV4 with automatic transmission only.... What I don't understand is that it being so close to Highlander now, wouldn't it hurt Highlander sales...

Toyota originally comes up with the right dimentions. The RAV4 was perfect SMALL SUV but it had to get bigger...

The 4Runner had the perfect ground clearance.. but it had to be lowered to allow people to put their groceries in there easily rather than go across the SAHRA DESERT. Oh an don't forget to take way its manual transmission too because people going to Walmart don't need to shift...

The way I see it, All cars will be MIDSIZE 50 years down the road and no manual.......... LOL !!!

Don't get me wrong............ I love the new RAV......... Toyota made it,,,,,,, but I can never buy it............ thanks to PRND2L. Whoever invented it... I want to take that PERSON to the outback steak house and make him eat 2 rare porter house steaks as an appreciation.

Sorry for the long essay guys... I sometimes get a little emotional. The RAV4 transmission topic (although started by MYSELF), is a touchy subject...

Nice RAV4 !!! NEW ONE !!

·
That Acura Guy
2,383 Posts
So what could this mean? Is it possible for the highlander to be discontinued? Because it cant get any bigger or else it would be in 4Runner range so whats gonna happen with it?

·
FJ nut
2,185 Posts
No Highlander (as successful as it is), won't get discontinued at all...

There is price difference and also it is bigger and a Hybrid version is offered... Just that RAV has come very close to it now...

·
Newbie One Kanobi
2003 Toyota ECHO!!
8,984 Posts
Like RAV4EVR said, the sucessful Highland will not be discontinued, if my guess is right I believe there will be a new Highlander for 07. I hope so, since the current one is outdated by looks and its been around since its 2001 debut, obviously its due soon! So naturally the new Highlander will be bigger. Sometimes different cars overlap each other in there life cycle, so if model B below model A gets bigger and redesigned before model A, naturally not to steal sales model A will increase in size and power eventually, not long after model B usually a year or two a part or sometimes models have the same life cycle so they will improve from generation to the next at the same time, of course if that happends generally the cars are for different class of cars. i.e. mid-size, SUV, truck etc.-generalization. Sort of like when the last Camry got redesigned for 2002 the new Solara came out two years later, based on the updated Camry. I'll stop rambeling.

·
Umm, yeah.
315 Posts
They said the Highlander would be discontinued. (Rumors)

·
FJ nut
2,185 Posts
02AspenGreen said:
They said the Highlander would be discontinued. (Rumors)

Highlander will get bigger ...........

Do you know Highlander is the BEST SELLING Toyota SUV ??

Whoever is spreading these rumors is grilling his steak on top of his car's exhaust manifold.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts