Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Tennessee Tacoma Pilot
Honda VFR800 & Taco
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are Iridium plugs in the 06 and later V-6 engines and that they can run up to 100K before replacement but I was just wondering if anyone as of yet has tried to replace the three rear bank plugs?

My searches have turned up info that some people have done it without removing the intake plenum using creative linkage on their wrenches while others state it is much easier to just remove it to get to the plugs.

I can't fathom getting to those plugs without removing the plenum but would like to know if anyone was able to do it.

Thanks for any reply.

·
Tennessee Tacoma Pilot
Honda VFR800 & Taco
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I know there are Iridium plugs in the 06 and later V-6 engines and that they can run up to 100K before replacement but I was just wondering if anyone as of yet has tried to replace the three rear bank plugs?

My searches have turned up info that some people have done it without removing the intake plenum using creative linkage on their wrenches while others state it is much easier to just remove it to get to the plugs.

I can't fathom getting to those plugs without removing the plenum but would like to know if anyone was able to do it.

Thanks for any reply.
I haven't found any info about this problem (and a problem it is) myself. I can't see how it can be done even with creativity, I can't even see them. Maybe from below?????

1 - 2 of 2 Posts