Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
06 Tacoma Dash rattle - slight noise
Hello, I just purchased an 06 Tacoma - 4x2 access cab, 4 cylinder. Great truck. However, just this week - I noticed a slight rattle - eminating from the passenger side of the dash - possibly the middle - hard to tell. I've attempted to alleviate the issue by pressing on various parts of the dash - checking for loose material in the glovebox - pressing on the seams of the windshield on the passenger side, etc., but still there - (the noice). I hear it when I approach 40 MPH and up. Anyone know what this could be? If you do, please email me with a solution: Thanks alot, Dan

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay - did you determine the solution and/or contact the dealer to see what they could do? Has your dash-rattle diminished any? Thanks for your response. I intend to get to the bottom of the issue, and will share my findings. If you find and fix the problem first, alert me to the solution.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ya know - I haven't pressed against the glove box while driving - but I will. I have pressed on many of the dash areas - and the little bugger is still there - albeit not too loud - just enough to piss you off - you know? I just bought the new Nickelback CD - so I just turn up the volume - not a bad 'quick-fix'. I have faith I'll get'r done though...if they can build the thing, they can fix a small dash rattle - know-what-I-mean?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
dash rattle persists - 06 Tacoma...someone step up!

Yo - anyone out there have a clue and the know-how to fix a dash rattle. If they can send a man to the moon, they, whoever 'they' are - can fix the mysterious dash rattle. It isn't too loud - but strangely hard to locate. I'm going to take it the dealer tomorrow.

·
Registered
7 Posts
okay i think i may know where the dash rattle is. Anyway, if you get the same rattle as me...it may sound like its coming from the passenger side A pillar or somewhere near there. its not.. its actually the radio itself. if you press the right bottom of the radio it will stop...if not try pressing other areas around the radio...what i did was pull the radio out and put felt on the tabs and put the radio back in...hope this helps..

DAVID

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
:lol: Yo - it's fixed!!!!!! I went to the dealership - yes, braved their potential dismissal of my problem...even before I opened my mouth to tell them about it. Fortunately - I know the Customer Relations Manager, for years now. Good guy. Anyway, he had their best, 'rattle-guy' go for a drive so I could replicate the rattle. Sure enough - he heard it. Well - he said it sounded 'wind related' not road related. Good point of view I thought. We got back to the dealership - and he nudged the front mud flap - and the sound eminated perfectly and it was in fact, the same damn noise. I thanked Jesus! On my particular truck 4 x 2 I-4 access cab - doesn't come with front mud flaps - but I had them put on anyway - cause the truck doesn't look like a truck - without'm, (they're the rear mud flaps modified to fit - a good fit I might add and looks much better). Anyway, a couple weeks ago - I had them put on (the front mud-flaps). Well - on one corner of the mud flaps, the good'ol boy that put them on at their accessorie story (from the dealership), use a bolt that was too long, and IT was rattling against the inner most bottom section of the fenderwell. So the technician replaced those too-long bolts with short bolts, and the problem vanished! No MORE freaking rattle! No I can turn up Nickelback and not have to drown out the stupid irritating rattle! Amen!

Merry Christmas!:clap:

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
danamericandan said:
On my particular truck 4 x 2 I-4 access cab - doesn't come with front mud flaps - but I had them put on anyway - cause the truck doesn't look like a truck - without'm.
I'll have to look at mine, I'm oblivious to such matters. :rolleyes:

The pre-runner is the model you should have got, one step closer to a real truck. ;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
My Cool Tacoma - Thanks America!

Well, I've got a real truck, an 06 Access Cab - I-4, with all the bells and whistles! And it gets better gas mileage than the six cylinder for certain. It is an automatice too, smooth and quite quick I might add. I floored it driving home tonight on the highway and it drove like a raped ape! I've modified my rig - with special 16 inch wheels, American Racing brand and in fact, I believe, no, I know they're better than the upgraded alloys that come with the better version Prerunners. I'm thinking of putting on a Aircharger by K&N - pretty cool add on. The color you have is a good one, I was tempted, but stuck with Silver. Merry Christmas.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.