Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First TACO install from our shop..........more to come! Equipment list........
H/U Eclipse
Front: Sea's Lotus 6.5 2-way
Sub: Image Dyanmics IDQ 10's
Amp: REF 360.4 & REF 500.1

This truck has won many IASCA SQ shows and have been upgraded since these pics to an ALPINE W200 W BLACKBIRD NAV, DYNAUDIO 3 way front stage and 2 more zapco amps!

·
Registered
144 Posts
so how much for the pillars that are fitted for tweets?

2005 Tacoma X-Runner
9,188 Posts
Ah, Joe, ok. Yeah, nice install for sure. Have you guys ever tried mounting a dome midrange or one of the current 3" or 4" midrange drivers in the stock tweeter location? what about a 3" or 4" midrange in the A Pillars?

·
Official Newb
2006 4x4 Tacoma TRD
1,210 Posts
AudioDesigns GA said:
What tweets do you have? We charge 300 with mateials and labor for these. It takes about 16 hours to build these and dye them.
are they made from scratch or would you need the trucks original a pillar to make them. i love the way that looks

·
Toyotanation
6,975 Posts
TucsonTRD said:
are they made from scratch or would you need the trucks original a pillar to make them. i love the way that looks
From the looks of the other posts, it would appear that they use the existing panel and modify it with fiber glass and body filler, then texture it and paint them.
This is a standard procedure for any custom install.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
docindahouze said:
compustar?
No sorry. I've worked with compustar before and I have never been completely impressed or found them to reliable. They have very strange remote issues and tech support and parts avalibility is sub par to DEI. But thats just my opinion. What features are you looking for in a security system? I will say this the system is only as good as the installation. So when a shop tells you an alarm install will on take 1-2 hours you should ask them if they use t-taps or do they soldier all of thier connections and hide them?

·
Forumatic Immunity!
05 Taco DC LB V6 TRD
3,745 Posts
how much for the Viper 791XV w/remote start? Digital Car Audio offered me $489 installed.

·
Forumatic Immunity!
05 Taco DC LB V6 TRD
3,745 Posts
that price was with the bypass, there was no mention of a back up battery. for what though?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.