Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On occasion, I spin on ice or spin out in rain. When this happens it feels like the LSD sticks or locks up. I can't accelerate past about 20mph until I have stopped the truck turned it off and then restart or put it in reverse like unlocking 4wd.
My truck is 2WD. What's happening and can it be fixed?

·
Registered
480 Posts
That does not at all sound like an LSD issue. Limited slip differentials just vibrate or make a "chattering" noise when they have problems. The usual cause is an oil change with the wrong oil or not using the proper additive in the oil. If it were to completely lock, you would just get tire skidding in turns. Going straight ahead you would not notice anything.

Your problem sounds like the powertrain management computer gets confused by the spinning and needs a "reboot" by restarting and shifting gears.

Since you are still under warranty, take it in. There might be a TSB.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for reply

I'll take it in. The dealer say there's only a 20% chance something was saved in computer diagnostics but that probably it's just the anti skid (not the proper name) design in the truck that keeps me from adding too much power on slick road. It should disengage when I hit dry roads. We'll see.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts