Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am now about ready to scream. Went to discount tire today and was taking to the manager about wheel options for my base 5 lugger. He looked at my truck and stated that I had a -50 backspacing and could only run a front wheel drive car wheel like the mesh 8 or the seven X. Also could not run NO RWD truck wheel, wheel whould rub, no Mickey thomsons classic 1 or 2's . Or any other beefly 8 inch wide Truck Wheel .
Anyone got any pics of 07+ 5 luggers wheels

·
Registered
4 Posts
-50 backspacing???
I would suggest going to a different place.
You basically need a wheel with these specs:

Center Hub: 60.1 (if bigger you need hub centric spacers, if smaller they wont work)

Bolt pattern: 5X4.5 inches or 5X114.3mm

Offset if you want them to sit flush with your fenders: 8 inch wide wheel with +30mm offset. Less offset will make them stick out.

biggest tire you can run on base model is a 30 inch

hope this helps.

·
Registered
'04 Prius
444 Posts
these are XD Hoss Wheels 0 offset 4.5" backspacing mind you I am lifted with the readylift but gives you an idea discount tire doesn't know $#!T

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I went there to decide if I wanted 15x8 or 17x8 mickey classics but he was all about " there" wheels and discouraged any RWD wheel in fact. He stated that I had to run a front wheel car wheel on a rwd truck and that was that because of the backspaceing . He even said the preditor wheel and the Gunner 5 wheel would rub and was out and then I left because I felt Like he was trying to pick the wheels for me.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts