Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
SinDonor
2007 Camry SE V6
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a $27400 quote from a dealership near Orlando for a 2007 Camry SE V6 Auto with:

Sunroof
rear spoiler
side molding
dealer-installed tint
Floormats
2 yr/100k mi drivetrain war (on top of factory war)

and 6% tax.

I was told the base price of the car before fees, taxes and tags was: $25500.

I think it's a good deal b/c another dealership told me their out-the-door price for the same car without the sunroof ($900), side molding($200), and tint($200) was $26100.

Shall I hold out for a better price?

·
SinDonor
2007 Camry SE V6
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry for the triple post. My IE crashed earlier while I made my 1st post. How do you delete these posts, all I can do is edit them or reply

·
it is what it is
07 Camry SE
2,294 Posts
SinDonor said:
I got a $27400 quote from a dealership near Orlando for a 2007 Camry SE V6 Auto with:

Sunroof
rear spoiler
side molding
dealer-installed tint
Floormats
2 yr/100k mi drivetrain war (on top of factory war)

and 6% tax.

I was told the base price of the car before fees, taxes and tags was: $25500.

I think it's a good deal b/c another dealership told me their out-the-door price for the same car without the sunroof ($900), side molding($200), and tint($200) was $26100.

Shall I hold out for a better price?

Msrp?? Invoice??

·
Registered
2008 Prius
23 Posts
Another place to check

Just to compare go to carmax.com , new cars , in the block for city market put in Baltimore/DC store: Laurel Toyota zip code 20904. they have all Camry's listed and their prices are the best. I know you can't come to Wash. DC to buy a car but all options are listed and and you can use it as a tool. My 07 SE V6 window sticker $30800.00 and out the door for $27600. Maryland has 5% sales tax. Good Luck Sgt Tip

·
SinDonor
2007 Camry SE V6
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I believe the MSRP on the car was around $27800.

The out-the-door price, including all fees tags and taxes was $27400.

Dunno about invoice.

·
it is what it is
07 Camry SE
2,294 Posts
SinDonor said:
I believe the MSRP on the car was around $27800.

The out-the-door price, including all fees tags and taxes was $27400.

Dunno about invoice.
In my area Camrys sell for invoice. Don't know what they sell in your area.

·
ASE Master Technician
2006 Lexus GS430
2,396 Posts
I got my SE V6 with Moonroof, Heater Sport Leather/mirrors, Navigation, Floor Mats, spoiler. For $26,183.30 out the dealer door

·
SinDonor
2007 Camry SE V6
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sgt Tip said:
Just to compare go to carmax.com , new cars , in the block for city market put in Baltimore/DC store: Laurel Toyota zip code 20904. they have all Camry's listed and their prices are the best. I know you can't come to Wash. DC to buy a car but all options are listed and and you can use it as a tool. My 07 SE V6 window sticker $30800.00 and out the door for $27600. Maryland has 5% sales tax. Good Luck Sgt Tip
Sweet, all of their SE's at at $27800+, so my deal of $27400 is cherry. Also, I just got approved by my bank for 60mos at 5.95%. Nice!

·
SinDonor
2007 Camry SE V6
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
JSM1284 said:
I got my SE V6 with Moonroof, Heater Sport Leather/mirrors, Navigation, Floor Mats, spoiler. For $26,183.30 out the dealer door
Wow, that's a great deal! Was it brand new with no "test drive" mileage? The car I'm buying just came off the truck this morning. You got me beat by $1000. Did you buy it when there were other incentives from Toyota, I've got no incentives.

·
ASE Master Technician
2006 Lexus GS430
2,396 Posts
SinDonor said:
Wow, that's a great deal! Was it brand new with no "test drive" mileage? The car I'm buying just came off the truck this morning. You got me beat by $1000. Did you buy it when there were other incentives from Toyota, I've got no incentives.
It just got off the truck with 2 miles. Not only was it $1000 less, I got Navigation, And Leather as well. No incentives were being offered, I got it in July

MSRP on mine was $30,272

·
SinDonor
2007 Camry SE V6
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
JSM1284 said:
It just got off the truck with 2 miles. Not only was it $1000 less, I got Navigation, And Leather as well. No incentives were being offered, I got it in July

MSRP on mine was $30,272
Does your family own a Toyota dealership? I've asked a friend of mine who works at a Toyota dealership out of state and he said that I'm getting a very good price.

Howja do it?

·
Registered
Camry SE
167 Posts
aw so lucky for that price....my SE I4 was $27XXX and got it for $22XXX. the V6 that I wanted was 32k and they wouldnt go lower than 30k. Though i believe it also depends on the area...some parts of va are so rich the dealers wont haggle and some areas how can i say well off the dealers will haggle. I was lucky enough they took off the price tag.

·
Registered
7 Posts
greycam07 said:
aw so lucky for that price....my SE I4 was $27XXX and got it for $22XXX. the V6 that I wanted was 32k and they wouldnt go lower than 30k. Though i believe it also depends on the area...some parts of va are so rich the dealers wont haggle and some areas how can i say well off the dealers will haggle. I was lucky enough they took off the price tag.
Wow that's alot for a 4banger! It must be loaded with all option(leather, JBL, Roof, Navi)? I could've gotten a an SE V6 w/out leather for 23,XXX.

·
SinDonor
2007 Camry SE V6
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
SIR NUPE A LOT said:
Wow that's alot for a 4banger! It must be loaded with all option(leather, JBL, Roof, Navi)? I could've gotten a an SE V6 w/out leather for 23,XXX.
I just picked up the car today for a total out the door of $27500 (I was $100 off my trade in). I would have gone to get a car from my friend, but he's about 1500 miles from me, not worth the savings I would have got.

I don't feel ripped. I got a lot of car for the $$$ I spent. I'm happy.

Now I can't wait to see what parts come out from TRD.

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
greycam07 said:
My car had an MSRP of $32k. Koons in Tyson's (Northern VA) would not budge from sticker. I went 30 minutes to FitzMall in Gaithersburg, MD and got it for $28k ($600 over invoice).

·
SinDonor
2007 Camry SE V6
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
wireless said:
My car had an MSRP of $32k. Koons in Tyson's (Northern VA) would not budge from sticker. I went 30 minutes to FitzMall in Gaithersburg, MD and got it for $28k ($600 over invoice).
Yeah, a lot of dealerships differ on trade-in price as well. Back about 8 years ago, I was shopping around for a new Honda "Qualude". The dealership in Maryland where I lived gave me a good price on the car, but only offered me $8000 for my fully-loaded Ford Ranger that was only 2 years old. No thanks. Then I drove up to PA to a dealership near where I had some family and tried for the same deal: I got the 'Lude for $500 cheaper and they gave me $14500 for the Ranger. Niiice!

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
SinDonor said:
Yeah, a lot of dealerships differ on trade-in price as well. Back about 8 years ago, I was shopping around for a new Honda "Qualude". The dealership in Maryland where I lived gave me a good price on the car, but only offered me $8000 for my fully-loaded Ford Ranger that was only 2 years old. No thanks. Then I drove up to PA to a dealership near where I had some family and tried for the same deal: I got the 'Lude for $500 cheaper and they gave me $14500 for the Ranger. Niiice!
That is why you negotiate your purchase price before even discussing a trade. That way it doesn't confuse the issue. You negotiate the two numbers individually, then reconcile the better deal based on the difference.

In my case, the amount of the check I wrote to the dealership was $2800 less at the MD dealer than the VA dealer.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts