Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I would really love your feed back about my stange question :eek::

Since I have owned my car, o7 ce corolla, I have had a tailbone cyst ( which in the past, ( world war 2, 80,000 soilders were hospitalized with tailbone cysts, called pilonidol cysts, because they belived they got the cyst due to a bumpy, hard, ride in jeeps. I have one, now I have sciatica. Before getting my car sept 07 I was in great shape. I drove the car on two road trips and I developed the cyst and now sciatica!!!

I find the seat in my car so hard that it has become unbearable, (my butt bones are sore) just driving and going over bumps, well I hate it.

Does anyone else find the seats very hard? Does anyone else think that the shocks are stiff? Going over bumps sucks! I lift up my body when going over speed bumps. (maybe the rough ride has killed my back and the strange seating position in these cars. I am looking for the right cush though, so hopefully it helps util I decide if I am going to sell my car :sosad:

Your feedback would be helpful. Thanks everyone

·
Registered
2005 Corolla LE
155 Posts
I actually think the Corolla is a bit softer than my last car (a Buick), but its short wheelbase makes itself quite apparent on longer highway drives.

You might be better off in a longer car, such as a Camry/Accord/Malibu or even an extended wheelbase car such as an Avalon.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Bee44,

If you're going through that, You have my total sympathy. One of my kids had surgery - twice - to take care of her pilonidol cyst. The first surgery did not do the job... theu ended up making a flap repair. I'll spare the details.

I don't find the ride in my 'rolla to be stiff nor do the seats seem hard *to me*. I'd say it may be more of a driving position problem. That's one of the areas I wish were better on our cars.

Next car I buy will have powered seats, I feel that they are more adjustable than trying to find which notch your seat is in that feels the best. I wish you well,

Geo

·
'11 Camry
2001 Camry
1,370 Posts
I also had a pilonidal cyst when I was younger. Had it removed once, it came back again. Had that removed, and it's been gone since...fingers crossed.

I came to the Corolla world after driving big cars. And I still have big cars. I traded a Cadillac for the Corolla, so I know exactly where you're coming from about the hard ride and stiff seats. I understand that, comparatively, the Corolla rides nice for a small car. But even my Dodge Dakota rides better, and my Chrysler Town & Country van rides like a Cadillac...even compared to a Cadillac...not to mention comparing it to the Corolla.

It's just something I'm having to get used to. I'd classify the ride as "fair". If it's the best/softest in the small car world, then I know I'd hate a Mazda 3 or similar. The seats are "okay". Different seats would likely make a difference, but I'm not sure what you'd be able to swap in. Camry seats likely wouldn't fit.

·
Registered
1992 Toyota Camry SE
78 Posts
ohh yes, small tires, flex-prove chassis, short wheel-base, all that makes a Corolla ride choppy over sharp bumps, definitely not a luxury car, perhaps a Buick or a Avalon is a better car for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts